4D Forums no longer accessible -- too many redirects

4D Forums no longer accessible -- too many redirects

4D Tech mailing list
Is there a new way to access forums.4d.fr? For the past few days I haven't been able to reach this site -- Safari displays an error saying too many redirects.

Re: 4D Forums no longer accessible -- too many redirects

4D Tech mailing list

they have implemented Single Sign On.  there was a banner that took me to partners sign-on, then a button to "migrate forums logon" or some such.  sorry to be vague. :)

> On Jul 27, 2017, at 8:17 AM, Jeffrey Kain via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is there a new way to access forums.4d.fr? For the past few days I haven't been able to reach this site -- Safari displays an error saying too many redirects.

Re: 4D Forums no longer accessible -- too many redirects

Same here.  I tried from Partner Central, TOAW, and the usual link, and got too many redirects.

Keith - CDI

> On Jul 27, 2017, at 10:17 AM, Jeffrey Kain via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is there a new way to access forums.4d.fr? For the past few days I haven't been able to reach this site -- Safari displays an error saying too many redirects.

Re: 4D Forums no longer accessible -- too many redirects

I guess I should have mentioned that it works fine for me, just the sign-on is new and improved

> On Jul 27, 2017, at 8:18 AM, Spencer Hinsdale <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> they have implemented Single Sign On.  there was a banner that took me to partners sign-on, then a button to "migrate forums logon" or some such.  sorry to be vague. :)
>

>> On Jul 27, 2017, at 8:17 AM, Jeffrey Kain via 4D_Tech <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> Is there a new way to access forums.4d.fr <http://forums.4d.fr/>? For the past few days I haven't been able to reach this site -- Safari displays an error saying too many redirects.

>> FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html <http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html>
>> Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html <http://lists.4d.com/archives.html>
>> Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

RE: 4D Forums no longer accessible -- too many redirects

This appears to have broken today, as all I get is a 500 Internal error.

they have implemented Single Sign On.  there was a banner that took me to partners sign-on, then a button to "migrate forums logon" or some such.  sorry to be vague. :)

> On Jul 27, 2017, at 8:17 AM, Jeffrey Kain via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is there a new way to access forums.4d.fr? For the past few days I haven't been able to reach this site -- Safari displays an error saying too many redirects.

Re: 4D Forums no longer accessible -- too many redirects

4D Tech mailing list
I was just able to get in and 'migrate' my account by following a link to
an old post which took me in without trying to login. Then I read the
banner and took the suggestion to click the LogIn link which redirected me
to the Partner Login screen. After that I was redirected to a simple little
form that let me enter my old user name and password.

You might try with a browser you don't use often to avoid any auto-sign on
stuff that might be getting in the way.

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 8:30 AM, Stephen J. Orth via 4D_Tech <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> This appears to have broken today, as all I get is a 500 Internal error.

*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
nothing.*

*- Edmund Burke*

Re: 4D Forums no longer accessible -- too many redirects

4D Tech mailing list
I think I tried that yesterday, and then also ended up with redirect errors.

What URL did you use to get in for the migration?  I'm using forums.4d.fr

> On Jul 27, 2017, at 11:39 AM, Kirk Brooks via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I was just able to get in and 'migrate' my account by following a link to
> an old post which took me in without trying to login. Then I read the
> banner and took the suggestion to click the LogIn link which redirected me
> to the Partner Login screen. After that I was redirected to a simple little
> form that let me enter my old user name and password.
>
> You might try with a browser you don't use often to avoid any auto-sign on
> stuff that might be getting in the way.

Re: 4D Forums no longer accessible -- too many redirects

> Is there a new way to access forums.4d.fr? For the past few days I
haven't been able to reach this site --
> Safari displays an error saying too many redirects.

Are you on an iPad? That's what it's always done for me on an iPad...I
thought the Forums just weren't supported on the iPad for some reason.
Never asked.

Re: 4D Forums no longer accessible -- too many redirects

In Safari: removed all "4D" website data (cookies).  After that the site came up and I was able to log in with the old saved username and password.

I signed back out, went to the site, and clicked the "Sign In" button near the top right.  The next window was a migration window.  After the migration I'm auto-logged in with my partner credentials.

Keith - CDI

> On Jul 27, 2017, at 10:42 AM, Jeffrey Kain via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I think I tried that yesterday, and then also ended up with redirect errors.
>
> What URL did you use to get in for the migration?  I'm using forums.4d.fr
>

> --
> Jeffrey Kain
> [hidden email]
>

>> On Jul 27, 2017, at 11:39 AM, Kirk Brooks via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I was just able to get in and 'migrate' my account by following a link to
>> an old post which took me in without trying to login. Then I read the
>> banner and took the suggestion to click the LogIn link which redirected me
>> to the Partner Login screen. After that I was redirected to a simple little
>> form that let me enter my old user name and password.
>>
>> You might try with a browser you don't use often to avoid any auto-sign on
>> stuff that might be getting in the way.

Re: 4D Forums feature request - keep it the same

4D Tech mailing list
link to post to up (or down) vote:
http://forums.4d.com/Post//19752777/1/

text of my post on the forum:
personally - I do NOT like the idea.

why do i need to use a login credential which will likely have
financial information behind it (partner/store) to access a purportedly
open public forum?

The forum's login is currently, and should stay, separate from the
logins to other 4D resources.

To use as example a larger (more public) system. Online Games.
100s of million people use/play online games. Most of these
games/companies have forums for discussion of bugs, feature requests
etc. none of these game forums (that I have personally visited/used)
use any part of  the game's login credentials - as login credentials
for their forums.

Why? to me it is simple - separation of financially backed logins from
public forums.

IMHO - 4D should do the same, and continue to keep the forums (and
other public resources) login credentials separate from more private 4D
resources logins (partner login, 4D store etc).

RE: 4D Forums no longer accessible -- too many redirects

Hi Jeff,

> Is there a new way to access forums.4d.fr?

forums.4d.com is the new way.

Forums.4d.fr should automatically redirect to forums.4d.com, but maybe that is the issue... can you try forums.4d.com instead of .fr ?

If the page loads then you should the following text at the top (unless you are already logged in with the global login system):

----
New! 4D forum is now using SSO, the same as other 4D websites (Taow, livedoc,..). A user authenticated through one of the 4D portals will then automatically be connected on forums.4D.com.

We strongly encourage existing forum users to use the "Sign in" link to start their account migration.

Please note that the previous forum authentication will only be available until September, 15th.

New forum users need to create a 4D account and use the “sign in” link on forums.4D.com
----

Here is a direct link to login page referenced in the banner, please try using this to start the migration process:
https://account.4d.com/4DACTION/webAccount_Login?country=US&returnURL=http://forums.4d.com/MyHome/EN/

What may help with the process is to -
1) sign out of both the forums and account.4d.com
2) while signed out, go to forums.4d.com and click the sign in link that takes you here: https://account.4d.com/4DACTION/webAccount_Login?country=US&returnURL=http://forums.4d.com/MyHome/EN/
3) Sign in with your normal 4D store account
4) you will redirected back to forums and be presented a migration page with the option of linking to an existing forums account
5) if you have an existing 4D forums account, type in the login credentials on the migration page to link the old forums account with the global login system

Kind Regards,

Tim PENNER

Re: 4D Forums no longer accessible -- too many redirects

4D Tech mailing list
Hey Tim --

> forums.4d.com is the new way.

This also gives me the "too many redirects" error in Safari.

> Here is a direct link to login page referenced in the banner, please try using this to start the migration process:
> https://account.4d.com/4DACTION/webAccount_Login?country=US&returnURL=http://forums.4d.com/MyHome/EN/

Same thing in Safari - after entering my store ID and password I get the redirects error.

So, I tried forums.4d.com in Firefox and it worked and I was able to migrate my account. I can use it normally in Firefox. After the migration, I still get that redirects error in Safari even when navigating to forums.4d.com.

HTH,

Jeff

Re: 4D Forums no longer accessible -- too many redirects

4D Tech mailing list
Update --

After clearing my cookies/website data in Safari for 4d.com and 4d.fr, I can access the forums without error.

Jeff

> On Jul 27, 2017, at 1:29 PM, Jeffrey Kain <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hey Tim --
>
>> forums.4d.com is the new way.
>
> This also gives me the "too many redirects" error in Safari.
>
>> Here is a direct link to login page referenced in the banner, please try using this to start the migration process:
>> https://account.4d.com/4DACTION/webAccount_Login?country=US&returnURL=http://forums.4d.com/MyHome/EN/
>
> Same thing in Safari - after entering my store ID and password I get the redirects error.
>
> So, I tried forums.4d.com in Firefox and it worked and I was able to migrate my account. I can use it normally in Firefox. After the migration, I still get that redirects error in Safari even when navigating to forums.4d.com.

Re: 4D Forums feature request - keep it the same

the forum is also where online services offered as part of the partner program are available,
such as downloads and discussions of nightly builds, beta/R versions and source code of 4D internal components / widgets.

you might have not noticed,
but forum accounts are already tied to partner program subscription or license (maintenance) activation accounts.
we just do it (and undo it) manually and/or annually.

On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 23:04:49 +0000, Keisuke Miyako via 4D_Tech wrote:
> the forum is also where online services offered as part of the
> partner program are available,
> such as downloads and discussions of nightly builds, beta/R versions
> and source code of 4D internal components / widgets.
>
> you might have not noticed,
> but forum accounts are already tied to partner program subscription
> or license (maintenance) activation accounts.
> we just do it (and undo it) manually and/or annually.

I would NOT have noticed, as the login credentials I use on the forum
have nothing to do with the 4D store/partner credentials I use, and as
far as I know there is no linkage between the two.

I am looking at the forum site now. There is no (apparent) information
regarding betas, nightly builds etc.
so... it appears I am right, that there is no tie (currently) between
my forum account and my partner/4d store accounts.
AS IT SHOULD BE

especially since the I don't really care about the login at the forum.
if someone were to 'hack' it and take it over... oh well.
I would create a new account, and ask 4D to kill the old one.

This is obviously NOT the same situation if the forum login credentials
are tied to $$$

>> 2017/07/28 2:11、Chip Scheide via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> のメール:
>> why do i need to use a login credential which will likely have
>> financial information behind it (partner/store) to access a purportedly
>> open public forum?

Re: 4D Forums feature request - keep it the same

one more thing I just noticed.

I the forum has a persistent login.
By this I mean, yesterday, I loved into the forums.
Closed the browser window (not the browser)
today I opened a new browser window (in reference to my previous
comment)
I was still logged in.

THAT is also an issue with the forum.
again, especially if there are $$$ tied to the login.

On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 23:04:49 +0000, Keisuke Miyako via 4D_Tech wrote:

> the forum is also where online services offered as part of the
> partner program are available,
> such as downloads and discussions of nightly builds, beta/R versions
> and source code of 4D internal components / widgets.
>
> you might have not noticed,
> but forum accounts are already tied to partner program subscription
> or license (maintenance) activation accounts.
> we just do it (and undo it) manually and/or annually.
>
>> 2017/07/28 2:11、Chip Scheide via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> のメール:
>> why do i need to use a login credential which will likely have
>> financial information behind it (partner/store) to access a purportedly
>> open public forum?

Re: 4D Forums no longer accessible -- too many redirects

Tim:

Tried the steps. I got tangled up in the migration as I can not remember my very old password. Now what?

> On Jul 27, 2017, at 10:09 AM, Timothy Penner via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Jeff,
>
>> Is there a new way to access forums.4d.fr?
>
> forums.4d.com is the new way.
>
> Forums.4d.fr should automatically redirect to forums.4d.com, but maybe that is the issue... can you try forums.4d.com instead of .fr ?
>
> If the page loads then you should the following text at the top (unless you are already logged in with the global login system):
>
> ----
> New! 4D forum is now using SSO, the same as other 4D websites (Taow, livedoc,..). A user authenticated through one of the 4D portals will then automatically be connected on forums.4D.com.
>
> We strongly encourage existing forum users to use the "Sign in" link to start their account migration.
>
> Please note that the previous forum authentication will only be available until September, 15th.
>
> New forum users need to create a 4D account and use the “sign in” link on forums.4D.com
> ----
>
> Here is a direct link to login page referenced in the banner, please try using this to start the migration process:
> https://account.4d.com/4DACTION/webAccount_Login?country=US&returnURL=http://forums.4d.com/MyHome/EN/
>
> What may help with the process is to -
> 1) sign out of both the forums and account.4d.com
> 2) while signed out, go to forums.4d.com and click the sign in link that takes you here: https://account.4d.com/4DACTION/webAccount_Login?country=US&returnURL=http://forums.4d.com/MyHome/EN/
> 3) Sign in with your normal 4D store account
> 4) you will redirected back to forums and be presented a migration page with the option of linking to an existing forums account
> 5) if you have an existing 4D forums account, type in the login credentials on the migration page to link the old forums account with the global login system
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Tim PENNER

Bob McKeever                      http://www.mswl.com <http://www.mswl.com/>
McKeever's Software Wizardry
Port Coquitlam, B.C.

RE: 4D Forums no longer accessible -- too many redirects

4D Tech mailing list
Hi Bob,

> Tried the steps. I got tangled up in the migration as I can not remember my very old password. Now what?

If you cannot remember the old Forum password you could request a new password through the password forgot url:
http://forums.4d.com/4DACTION/www_password_forgotten/EN/1/

Hope that helps,

-Tim PENNER