4D Mojave full disk access

if your app needs full disk access an macOS 10.14.x Mojave and newer, then
the users have to grant the access for your 4D application.

I use this to check the access privileges:

C_TEXT($in;$out;$err;$path)
If ((<>SystemVersion="Mac 10.14") | (<>SystemVersion="Mac 10.15") |
(<>SystemVersion="Mac 10.16"))
        ARRAY TEXT($art_Text;0)
        $path:=Replace string(System folder(Documents
folder);"Documents";"Library")+"Safari:"
        FOLDER LIST($path;$art_Text)
        If (Size of array($art_Text)=0)
ALERT("Bla Bla Bla need full disk access bla bla!")
                $in:=""
                $out:=""
                $err:=""
                SET ENVIRONMENT VARIABLE("_4D_OPTION_BLOCKING_EXTERNAL_PROCESS";"false")
                LAUNCH EXTERNAL PROCESS("open
x-apple.systempreferences:com.apple.preference.security?Privacy_AllFiles";$in;$out;$err)

The second LEP call opens system preferences with the needed pane

Armin

--
Sent from: http://4d.1045681.n5.nabble.com/4D-Tech-f1376241.html

Re: 4D Mojave full disk access

4D Tech mailing list
Armin,

        Thanks!

        Could you expand on what you mean by “full disk access”? In Mojave what becomes inaccessible?

John

> On Dec 3, 2018, at 3:38 AM, ADeeg via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> if your app needs full disk access an macOS 10.14.x Mojave and newer, then
> the users have to grant the access for your 4D application.
>

> I use this to check the access privileges:
>
> C_TEXT($in;$out;$err;$path)
> If ((<>SystemVersion="Mac 10.14") | (<>SystemVersion="Mac 10.15") |
> (<>SystemVersion="Mac 10.16"))
> ARRAY TEXT($art_Text;0)
> $path:=Replace string(System folder(Documents
> folder);"Documents";"Library")+"Safari:"
> FOLDER LIST($path;$art_Text)
> If (Size of array($art_Text)=0)
> ALERT("Bla Bla Bla need full disk access bla bla!")
> $in:=""
> $out:=""
> $err:=""
> SET ENVIRONMENT VARIABLE("_4D_OPTION_BLOCKING_EXTERNAL_PROCESS";"false")
> LAUNCH EXTERNAL PROCESS("open
> x-apple.systempreferences:com.apple.preference.security?Privacy_AllFiles";$in;$out;$err)
> End if
> End if
>
> The second LEP call opens system preferences with the needed pane
>
> Armin
>

> --
> Sent from: http://4d.1045681.n5.nabble.com/4D-Tech-f1376241.html

Re: 4D Mojave full disk access

4D Tech mailing list
4D Tech mailing list wrote
> Armin,
> Thanks!
>
> Could you expand on what you mean by “full disk access”? In Mojave what
> becomes inaccessible?
> John

John, as an example. My App scans the emails from Apple Mail and shows them
inside a Listbox to work with them (grab attachments, archieve to clients,
reply,delete, ..) then I move them into a DMS folder. Without full disk
access it does not work in the usual behaviour like on previous macOS.

Regards Armin

--
Sent from: http://4d.1045681.n5.nabble.com/4D-Tech-f1376241.html

Re: 4D Mojave full disk access

4D Tech mailing list
Armin,

        Not sure what a DMS folder is, but does one still have access to and remain able to create and move files within the database folder? What about 4D Backup to an external disk?

        Perhaps your code should be implemented just as a normal practice regardless.

John

John Baughman
1331 Auwaiku Street
Kailua, Hawaii  96734
(808) 262-0328
[hidden email]

> On Dec 3, 2018, at 10:09 AM, ADeeg via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> 4D Tech mailing list wrote
>> Armin,
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Could you expand on what you mean by “full disk access”? In Mojave what
>> becomes inaccessible?
>> John
>
> John, as an example. My App scans the emails from Apple Mail and shows them
> inside a Listbox to work with them (grab attachments, archieve to clients,
> reply,delete, ..) then I move them into a DMS folder. Without full disk
> access it does not work in the usual behaviour like on previous macOS.
>
> Regards Armin
>

> --
> Sent from: http://4d.1045681.n5.nabble.com/4D-Tech-f1376241.html

Re: 4D Mojave full disk access

4D Tech mailing list
full disk access on Mojave protect system directories that store private and sensitive information,
such as browser history, call history, geolocation, messages and contacts.

https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2018/702

see slide #22 for full list

2018/12/04 5:49、JOHN BAUGHMAN via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>のメール:
does one still have access to and remain able to create and move files within the database folder? What about 4D Backup to an external disk?

Re: 4D Mojave full disk access

4D Tech mailing list
Thanks for chiming in Keisuke.

Looks like this particular security protection included in Mojave should not be anything to worry about for general file access from 4D.

Amin’s code is certainly good to keep around. Thanks again Amin!

John