4D (v15.2) Can't handle a Json response that starts with a "["

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
20 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

4D (v15.2) Can't handle a Json response that starts with a "["

Dave Nasralla
Hey All,

I'm new to the Json world, but as far as I've read and can tell, a
JSON string can start with either a curly bracket { or a straight
bracket [.

This is causing me issues with a REST service I am consuming with HTTP Get.

(See: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5034444/can-a-json-start-with )

If anyone thinks this is incorrect, let me know, otherwise I'll report
it as a bug.

I could return the response as text, (remove the brackets manually),
but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to get the Json string into a
native 4D Object afterwards.

d

--------

Below is an example. If I save the two text files below and put them
in my web folder:

with_brackets.json
[
  {
    "id": 474,
    "username": "wgraham",
    "firstname": "Wayne",
    "lastname": "Graham",
    "fullname": "Wayne Graham",
    "email": "[hidden email]",
    "department": "",
    "firstaccess": 1467745901,
    "lastaccess": 1468249567,
    "description": "",
    "descriptionformat": 1
  }
]


without_brackets.json
{
    "id": 474,
    "username": "wgraham",
    "firstname": "Wayne",
    "lastname": "Graham",
    "fullname": "Wayne Graham",
    "email": "[hidden email]",
    "department": "",
    "firstaccess": 1467745901,
    "lastaccess": 1468249567,
    "description": "",
    "descriptionformat": 1
  }

Retrieving the file with_brackets.json fails to receive a defined json
object, and without_brackets.json does fine.

Here is my code (with the 4D http server set to port 8080):

C_TEXT($Url_vt)
$Url_vt:="http://127.0.0.1:8080/with_brackets.json"

C_OBJECT(JSonResponse_vo)
CLEAR VARIABLE(JSonResponse_vo)

ARRAY TEXT(HeadersNames_at;0)
ARRAY TEXT(HeaderValues_at;0)

OPEN URL($Url_vt)

HTTP Get($Url_vt;JSonResponse_vo;HeadersNames_atHeaderValues_at)

If (OB Is defined(JSonResponse_vo))
ALERT("Json Object was returned "+$Url_vt)
Else
ALERT("Json Object was not returned for "+$Url_vt)
End if

$Url_vt:="http://127.0.0.1:8080/without_brackets.json"
OPEN URL($Url_vt)

HTTP Get($Url_vt;JSonResponse_vo;HeadersNames_atHeaderValues_at)

If (OB Is defined(JSonResponse_vo))
ALERT("Json Object was returned "+$Url_vt)
Else
ALERT("Json Object was not returned for "+$Url_vt)
End if


--
David Nasralla
Clean Air Engineering
**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 4D (v15.2) Can't handle a Json response that starts with a "["

Lee Hinde
Look at JSON Parse and JSON Parse Array.

Your with_brackets is an array, the other is an object. I can’t tell on a quick glance why one works and the other doesn’t, but I haven’t tried using OB Is defined as a test.

Try:

c_object($obj)
$obj:=JSON Parse(JSonResponse_vo)

or
array object($obj_array;0)
JSON Parse array(JSonResponse_vo;$obj_array)

(typed in the email client, not 4D, so…)


> On Jul 12, 2016, at 11:08 AM, Dave Nasralla <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hey All,
>
> I'm new to the Json world, but as far as I've read and can tell, a
> JSON string can start with either a curly bracket { or a straight
> bracket [.
>
> This is causing me issues with a REST service I am consuming with HTTP Get.
>
> (See: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5034444/can-a-json-start-with )
>
> If anyone thinks this is incorrect, let me know, otherwise I'll report
> it as a bug.
>
> I could return the response as text, (remove the brackets manually),
> but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to get the Json string into a
> native 4D Object afterwards.
>
> d
>
> --------
>
> Below is an example. If I save the two text files below and put them
> in my web folder:
>
> with_brackets.json
> [
>  {
>    "id": 474,
>    "username": "wgraham",
>    "firstname": "Wayne",
>    "lastname": "Graham",
>    "fullname": "Wayne Graham",
>    "email": "[hidden email]",
>    "department": "",
>    "firstaccess": 1467745901,
>    "lastaccess": 1468249567,
>    "description": "",
>    "descriptionformat": 1
>  }
> ]
>
>
> without_brackets.json
> {
>    "id": 474,
>    "username": "wgraham",
>    "firstname": "Wayne",
>    "lastname": "Graham",
>    "fullname": "Wayne Graham",
>    "email": "[hidden email]",
>    "department": "",
>    "firstaccess": 1467745901,
>    "lastaccess": 1468249567,
>    "description": "",
>    "descriptionformat": 1
>  }
>
> Retrieving the file with_brackets.json fails to receive a defined json
> object, and without_brackets.json does fine.
>
> Here is my code (with the 4D http server set to port 8080):
>
> C_TEXT($Url_vt)
> $Url_vt:="http://127.0.0.1:8080/with_brackets.json"
>
> C_OBJECT(JSonResponse_vo)
> CLEAR VARIABLE(JSonResponse_vo)
>
> ARRAY TEXT(HeadersNames_at;0)
> ARRAY TEXT(HeaderValues_at;0)
>
> OPEN URL($Url_vt)
>
> HTTP Get($Url_vt;JSonResponse_vo;HeadersNames_atHeaderValues_at)
>
> If (OB Is defined(JSonResponse_vo))
> ALERT("Json Object was returned "+$Url_vt)
> Else
> ALERT("Json Object was not returned for "+$Url_vt)
> End if
>
> $Url_vt:="http://127.0.0.1:8080/without_brackets.json"
> OPEN URL($Url_vt)
>
> HTTP Get($Url_vt;JSonResponse_vo;HeadersNames_atHeaderValues_at)
>
> If (OB Is defined(JSonResponse_vo))
> ALERT("Json Object was returned "+$Url_vt)
> Else
> ALERT("Json Object was not returned for "+$Url_vt)
> End if
>
>
>

**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: 4D (v15.2) Can't handle a Json response that starts with a "["

Timothy Penner
In reply to this post by Dave Nasralla
{ indicates an object
[ indicates an array

So the one with [ outside of { is an array with a single object element, isn't it?

Does it work with JSON PARSE ARRAY?

-tp




**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 4D (v15.2) Can't handle a Json response that starts with a "["

KirkBrooks
In reply to this post by Dave Nasralla
Dave,
Yep - this is one of the places where 4D's implementation of JSON differs
from the norm.

What you probably need to do is receive the data as text and look at the
leading character. If it's a { you can use JSON Parse, if it's a [ you
use JSON PARSE ARRAY.

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 11:08 AM, Dave Nasralla <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> I'm new to the Json world, but as far as I've read and can tell, a
> JSON string can start with either a curly bracket { or a straight
> bracket [.
>
> This is causing me issues with a REST service I am consuming with HTTP Get.


--
Kirk Brooks
San Francisco, CA
=======================
**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 4D (v15.2) Can't handle a Json response that starts with a "["

Lee Hinde
 Kirk’s right. I didn’t notice you were receiving the response straight into an object. I’ve not tried that. I’ve had zero issues receiving text and then parsing…

> On Jul 12, 2016, at 11:14 AM, Kirk Brooks <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Yep - this is one of the places where 4D's implementation of JSON differs
> from the norm.
>
> What you probably need to do is receive the data as text and look at the
> leading character. If it's a { you can use JSON Parse, if it's a [ you
> use JSON PARSE ARRAY.

**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 4D (v15.2) Can't handle a Json response that starts with a "["

Dave Nasralla
Thanks Guys,

I think I've misunderstood what JSON PARSE ARRAYS does.I'll work with
it and see what I get. Reading directly into an object worked nicely
until I started getting json that starts with the [. I'll need to
tweak things a bit to be more flexible - particularly if I want to get
things done now and not hope for changes in 4D. I feel like I should
be able to go directly to an object, though.

dave

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 12:25 PM, Lee Hinde <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Kirk’s right. I didn’t notice you were receiving the response straight into an object. I’ve not tried that. I’ve had zero issues receiving text and then parsing…
>
>> On Jul 12, 2016, at 11:14 AM, Kirk Brooks <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Yep - this is one of the places where 4D's implementation of JSON differs
>> from the norm.
>>
>> What you probably need to do is receive the data as text and look at the
>> leading character. If it's a { you can use JSON Parse, if it's a [ you
>> use JSON PARSE ARRAY.
>
> **********************************************************************
> 4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
> FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
> Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
> Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
> Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
> **********************************************************************



--
David Nasralla
Clean Air Engineering
**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 4D (v15.2) Can't handle a Json response that starts with a "["

Dave Nasralla
In reply to this post by Timothy Penner
Hi Tim,

Right. It's an array with just one object. I'm trying to read the
response directly into an object (as per the docs).

dave

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 12:13 PM, Timothy Penner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> { indicates an object
> [ indicates an array
>
> So the one with [ outside of { is an array with a single object element, isn't it?
>
> Does it work with JSON PARSE ARRAY?
>
> -tp
>
>
>
>
> **********************************************************************
> 4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
> FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
> Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
> Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
> Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
> **********************************************************************



--
David Nasralla
Clean Air Engineering
**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: 4D (v15.2) Can't handle a Json response that starts with a "["

Timothy Penner
Hi Dave,

> Right. It's an array with just one object. I'm trying to read the response directly into an object (as per the docs).

It is important to understand the response type, and match the variable used for that response. For this it may be easiest to use TEXT or BLOB.

Regarding receiving JSON directly into an OBJECT variable (as per the docs); the docs mention reading an Object into an C_Object, but they do not mention working with Arrays of Objects (or arrays of anything for that matter). So I don’t think you will be able to do this directly....
http://doc.4d.com/4Dv15R4/4D/15-R4/HTTP-Get.301-2824699.en.html

You can pass different types of variables in response:
* Text: When the result is expected to be text encoded in UTF16
* BLOB: When the result is expected to be in binary form.
* Picture: When the result is expected to be a picture.
* Object: When the result is expected to be a C_OBJECT object.

-Tim PENNER





**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 4D (v15.2) Can't handle a Json response that starts with a "["

Jeremy French
In reply to this post by Dave Nasralla
Hi Dave,

The type of bracket can be confusing.

JavaScript objects begin and end of curly brackets. That is “{ … }”.

JavaScript arrays begin and end with straight brackets. That is “[ … ]”.

So JSON begins with curly brackets, not straight brackets.

The file “without_brackets.json” is JSON and can be converted into C_OBJECT:
{
   "id": 474,
   "username": "wgraham",
   "firstname": "Wayne",
   "lastname": "Graham",
   "fullname": "Wayne Graham",
   "email": "[hidden email]",
   "department": "",
   "firstaccess": 1467745901,
   "lastaccess": 1468249567,
   "description": "",
   "descriptionformat": 1
 }

The file “with_brackets.json” is a JavaScript array with a single JSON object element:
[
 {
   "id": 474,
   "username": "wgraham",
   "firstname": "Wayne",
   "lastname": "Graham",
   "fullname": "Wayne Graham",
   "email": "[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>",
   "department": "",
   "firstaccess": 1467745901,
   "lastaccess": 1468249567,
   "description": "",
   "descriptionformat": 1
 }
]

You can convert a JavaScript array with JSON elements to an “ARRAY OBJECT” using the 4D command “JSON PARSE ARRAY”.


- Jeremy French

> On Jul 12, 2016, at 2:08 PM, Dave Nasralla <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> as far as I've read and can tell, a JSON string can start with either a curly bracket { or a straight bracket [.

**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 4D (v15.2) Can't handle a Json response that starts with a "["

Dave Nasralla
Hi Jeremy,

According to the RFC for the JSON specification dated 2014
(http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7159.txt), JSON text can start with
either a curly { or straight [ bracket. Either way, it's still JSON
text.

I am consuming REST Services from Moodle. Some services respond with
JSON text that starts with a straight bracket and some with a curly
bracket. It seems reasonable to me, that since the 4D Object model is
intended to work closely with JSON and REST services, that I should be
able to do a Http Get command from a REST service and return the
results in an C_Object, regardless if it is an Array or or Object
since the C_Object var can handle both (i.e., you can have an Array of
Objects in a C_Object). .

I realize there is a difference between a bug and behavior. The first
is handled by a bug report and the second by a feature request. (We
all know the drill.) This is probably in the realm of a feature
request. In my mind there should be only one JSON Parse command, not
two, where JSON Parse handles Array Types as well as text, numbers
etc.

Thanks to all those who commented and replied. I am back on track. It
does work to retrieve the response as a text file, then test if it
starts with a { or [ and then use one of the commands JSON Parse or
JSON Parse Array. The code is more complex than I had hoped (catching
all the REST commands with a C_Object seemed like it was going to
work!)

Thanks again for all the comments,

dave


On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 3:39 PM, Jeremy French <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> The type of bracket can be confusing.
>
> JavaScript objects begin and end of curly brackets. That is “{ … }”.
>
> JavaScript arrays begin and end with straight brackets. That is “[ … ]”.
>
> So JSON begins with curly brackets, not straight brackets.
>
> The file “without_brackets.json” is JSON and can be converted into C_OBJECT:
> {
>    "id": 474,
>    "username": "wgraham",
>    "firstname": "Wayne",
>    "lastname": "Graham",
>    "fullname": "Wayne Graham",
>    "email": "[hidden email]",
>    "department": "",
>    "firstaccess": 1467745901,
>    "lastaccess": 1468249567,
>    "description": "",
>    "descriptionformat": 1
>  }
>
> The file “with_brackets.json” is a JavaScript array with a single JSON object element:
> [
>  {
>    "id": 474,
>    "username": "wgraham",
>    "firstname": "Wayne",
>    "lastname": "Graham",
>    "fullname": "Wayne Graham",
>    "email": "[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>",
>    "department": "",
>    "firstaccess": 1467745901,
>    "lastaccess": 1468249567,
>    "description": "",
>    "descriptionformat": 1
>  }
> ]
>
> You can convert a JavaScript array with JSON elements to an “ARRAY OBJECT” using the 4D command “JSON PARSE ARRAY”.
>
>
> - Jeremy French
>
>> On Jul 12, 2016, at 2:08 PM, Dave Nasralla <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> as far as I've read and can tell, a JSON string can start with either a curly bracket { or a straight bracket [.
>
> **********************************************************************
> 4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
> FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
> Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
> Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
> Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
> **********************************************************************



--
David Nasralla
Clean Air Engineering
**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 4D (v15.2) Can't handle a Json response that starts with a "["

Cannon Smith
Hi Dave,

There’s a code module (OBJ Module) available that you may find helpful when working with C_Objects:

        <http://www.synergyfarmsolutions.com/styled/index.html>

HTH.

--
Cannon Smith
Synergy Farm Solutions Inc.
Hill Spring, AB Canada
403-626-3236
<[hidden email]>
<www.synergyfarmsolutions.com>


> On Jul 12, 2016, at 10:21 PM, Dave Nasralla <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> In my mind there should be only one JSON Parse command, not
> two, where JSON Parse handles Array Types as well as text, numbers
> etc.

**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 4D (v15.2) Can't handle a Json response that starts with a "["

Randy Jaynes
> There’s a code module (OBJ Module) available that you may find helpful when working with C_Objects:

Which has made working with Objects in 4D v15 incredibly easy for us.

Cannon did a great job putting it together.

Randy

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Randy Jaynes
Senior Programmer and Customer Support

http://printpoint.com • (845) 359-0298 • PrintPoint, Inc • 57 Ludlow Lane • Palisades, NY 10964


**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 4D (v15.2) Can't handle a Json response that starts with a "["

Dave Nasralla
In reply to this post by Cannon Smith
Awesome. Thanks Canon.

dave

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 7:01 AM, Cannon Smith
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> There’s a code module (OBJ Module) available that you may find helpful when working with C_Objects:
>
>         <http://www.synergyfarmsolutions.com/styled/index.html>
>
> HTH.
>
> --
> Cannon Smith
> Synergy Farm Solutions Inc.
> Hill Spring, AB Canada
> 403-626-3236
> <[hidden email]>
> <www.synergyfarmsolutions.com>
>
>
>> On Jul 12, 2016, at 10:21 PM, Dave Nasralla <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> In my mind there should be only one JSON Parse command, not
>> two, where JSON Parse handles Array Types as well as text, numbers
>> etc.
>
> **********************************************************************
> 4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
> FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
> Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
> Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
> Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
> **********************************************************************



--
David Nasralla
Clean Air Engineering
**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 4D (v15.2) Can't handle a Json response that starts with a "["

KirkBrooks
In reply to this post by Cannon Smith
I'll add my voice to this one again too. Really, really helpful.

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 6:01 AM, Cannon Smith <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> There’s a code module (OBJ Module) available that you may find helpful
> when working with C_Objects:
>

--
Kirk Brooks
San Francisco, CA
=======================
**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 4D (v15.2) Can't handle a Json response that starts with a "["

Keith Goebel
In reply to this post by Dave Nasralla
Agreed.

> On 14/07/2016, at 3:18 am, Randy Jaynes wrote:
>> There’s a code module (OBJ Module) available that you may find helpful when working with C_Objects:

> Which has made working with Objects in 4D v15 incredibly easy for us.
> Cannon did a great job putting it together.

Cheers, Keith
**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 4D (v15.2) Can't handle a Json response that starts with a "["

Douglas von Roeder
The OBJ_Module is a key part of using Objects. In addition being able to
use the extensive command set that Cannon has created, the module is
available as source code so it can be modified to suit your individual
needs.

Highly recommended and, Cannon, many thanks for creating superb addition to
the 4D toolkit.

--
Douglas von Roeder
949-336-2902

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 6:13 PM, Keith Goebel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Agreed.
>
> > On 14/07/2016, at 3:18 am, Randy Jaynes wrote:
> >> There’s a code module (OBJ Module) available that you may find helpful
> when working with C_Objects:
>
> > Which has made working with Objects in 4D v15 incredibly easy for us.
> > Cannon did a great job putting it together.
>
> Cheers, Keith
> **********************************************************************
> 4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
> FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
> Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
> Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
> Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
> **********************************************************************
>
**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 4D (v15.2) Can't handle a Json response that starts with a "["

Cannon Smith
Thanks, everyone, for your kind words. The module is just a small token of appreciation for all the help I’ve received over the years from all of you!

--
Cannon Smith
Synergy Farm Solutions Inc.
Hill Spring, AB Canada
403-626-3236
<[hidden email]>
<www.synergyfarmsolutions.com>


> On Jul 14, 2016, at 9:40 AM, Douglas von Roeder <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Highly recommended and, Cannon, many thanks for creating superb addition to
> the 4D toolkit.
>

**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: 4D (v15.2) Can't handle a Json response that starts with a "["

Stephen J. Orth
Cannon,

I use it all over the place and absolutely dislike it...    ;-)

Many thanks!

Best,

Steve


-----Original Message-----
From: 4D_Tech [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Cannon Smith
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2016 11:04 AM
To: 4D iNUG Technical <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: 4D (v15.2) Can't handle a Json response that starts with a "["

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words. The module is just a small token of appreciation for all the help I’ve received over the years from all of you!

--
Cannon Smith


**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 4D (v15.2) Can't handle a Json response that starts with a "["

Cannon Smith
Hi Steve,

I knew there was a reason you were such a good friend. :-)

--
Cannon Smith
Synergy Farm Solutions Inc.
Hill Spring, AB Canada
403-626-3236
<[hidden email]>
<www.synergyfarmsolutions.com>


> On Jul 14, 2016, at 10:16 AM, Stephen J. Orth <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I use it all over the place and absolutely dislike it...    ;-)

**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: 4D (v15.2) Can't handle a Json response that starts with a "["

Stephen J. Orth
Cannon,

As always, your friend from the "Sud"...

Cheers Mate!


Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Cannon Smith [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2016 2:31 PM
To: Stephen J. Orth <[hidden email]>; 4D iNUG Technical
<[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: 4D (v15.2) Can't handle a Json response that starts with a "["

Hi Steve,

I knew there was a reason you were such a good friend. :-)

--
Cannon Smith
Synergy Farm Solutions Inc.
Hill Spring, AB Canada
403-626-3236
<[hidden email]>
<www.synergyfarmsolutions.com>


> On Jul 14, 2016, at 10:16 AM, Stephen J. Orth
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I use it all over the place and absolutely dislike it...    ;-)



**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************