Version 5 is a huge leap for reporting and drawing capabilities in 4D with hmReports.
„The main focus for this Version was, to make it rock solid, introducing all wishes from Customers, extend existing functions and make it much faster.“ said Christian Sakowski, CTO from heubach media.
hmReports is fully certified with 4D v15 and 4D v16!
=== In Version 5.0 we made the following improvements ===
* 64 Bit Version for Mac (4D and 4D Server)
* Complete rewritten drawing engine under Windows: Moving from GDI+ to Direct2D and DirectWrite
* New commands from copy and paste entire pages: hmRep_GET PAGE and hmRep_SET PAGE
* Rewritten intelligent undo/redo functionality:
* New command hmRep_Get Last Event
* Justified alignment is now supported for text objects
* New object properties for setting the visibility of the drag handles
* New command hmRep_Get Section Count
* New section option for page footers: hmRep_svisible_NotOnLastPage
* New options to set the origin of a layer and their objects
* and much more (see release notes)
With hmReports we introduced a new dimension of reporting in 4D.
With Multi-Page-Design, Subreports, Barcodes and Editable Preview, hmReports offers you long wanted features, which you can directly use TODAY!
=== Multi-Page-Design ===
Now you can add static pages and/or additional iteration pages to a composed report. Also, you can design documents with more than one page!
=== Subreports ===
Since Version 3 you can inherit other hmReports documents or pages into new documents. For example: You can design one letterhead layout and place it in all your reports. If you want to change anything in the header, you only have to change the header document and not all of your reports!
=== Barcodes ===
Now you can display any data as a 1D and 2D Barcode without any special fonts. hmReports 4 supports over 60 different 1D and 2D Barcode types!
=== Editable Preview===
With hmReports 4, the user can view the final result of the report without printing. If data fields and other object don't look good in the preview, you can make changes directly in the preview. All changes are automatically saved back in the source report and the preview will be updated again, if wanted.
=== Other features of Version 5.0 ===
* Internal PDF rendering engine for creating PDF's on Windows (without additional software or printer driver)
* Unlimited Undo/Redo support
* 64 bit Plugin (Mac and Windows)
* Supported languages of the GUI: English, German, French, Spanish, Japanese
* Much better API for guides
* Support of repeating objects
* Variable headers and footers
* Support of Styled Text
* New API for creating a Virtual Structure for Tables, Fields and Variables
* You can now change the name of each section
* New grid
* Arrange objects horizontally and vertically
* Support of line endmarks of line objects
* New Property Palette
* New events for Drag & Drop and printing control
* Direct Copy & Paste from the Finder/Explorer
=== Testimonial ===
Chuck Miller (Informed Solutions, Inc.) about hmReports:
"Your dedication to making products that people can actually use is above and beyond. When confronted by a client with a need that makes sense, like exporting reports to blob as opposed to text, you take the bull by the horns and do it. I can not recommend you or your products any more highly than that."
=== About hmReports ===
You need amazing reports, invoices & documents? Do it with hmReports!
hmReports provides you a powerful tool to create, edit and print powerful graphics and reports.
* Create reports without any programming knowledge
* Import SuperReport Pro and 4D Draw documents for a fast crossgrade
* Exchange and share reports to your customers without recompiling
* Import, edit and export SVG documents
* Open storage format of the report-blob (XML)
* Create vector graphical documents
* Modern graphical API with multiple gradients, alpha/opacity support and antialiasing
* Create Text, Rectangles, Lines, Bezier curves, Arcs, Path, Pictures and Freehand objects
* Support of stepless zoom
* View and edit multiple reports in one hmReports-area
* Callback routines to manage events
* Break processing with sections
* Support of multiple layers and pages
* Access to the database, arrays, array-elements and variables
* Add scripts to objects and sections
* Support of automatic line height depending of its content. In this case, all other objects can be automatically moved or resized.
=== One is not enough ===
hmReports does support multiple detail sections. Now you can create reports with real multiple subdetails. For example, you are able to create a report with three detail sections (also headers and footers): With hmReports you can easily create a customer list with its invoices and for each invoice its position.
=== Graphic Editor ===
With hmReports you can create high quality graphics. With the support of layers and groups, you can edit complex graphics very easily. Of course you can open, edit and save SVG documents as well.
=== hmDraw: hmReports without reporting capabilities ===
If you only need the Graphic Editor without reporting capabilities, we offer a license called "hmDraw", see below price list.
Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben,
informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail.
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.
This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error)
please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the
material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ: http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html Archive: http://lists.4d.com/archives.html Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech Unsub: mailto:[hidden email] **********************************************************************