Component and 4dd file

4D Tech mailing list
David

Please publish a small example on dropbox

von unterwegs gesendet

> I've got a simple setup with a component that includes a .4DD file. I want
> the component to open up and use the data file. I've gotten this working
> when everything is interpreted. With a compiled component, I get a stack of
> errors, starting with error -43, fil

Re: Component and 4dd file

4D Tech mailing list
Andreas,

Thanks for the kind offer. Miyako sorted out my conceptual gap. What I was
not understanding is that you need three files:

Component.4DC
ExternalData.4DB <--- This is what I was neglecting
ExternalData.4DD

In my case, ExternalData.4DB is really just Component.4DB. But they're
serving different roles and you need the physical file. You know all of
this, but I'm writing it down again to fix it in my memory. And for the
sake of the archives.