Compression Utilities

Wayne Stewart
Hi,

Has anyone been using compression utilities from within 4D using AP
Sublaunch or LAUNCH EXTERNAL PROCESS?

If so, what can you recommend as a free or at least cheap utility?  Is
there a built in utility on windows?  I know there is on the mac (zip)
but don't know how toi call it yet?

Thanks,

Wayne

--
This one goes up to eleven
Learn by example. Download free 4D 2004 example applications today!

4th Dimension Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  <http://www.4d.com/support/faqnug.html>
Archive:  <http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.inug-4d.tech>
Unsub:  mailto:  [hidden email]

RE: Compression Utilities

sujit-3
Fbzip, though I have not figured out how to suppress the command prompt
window.

Sujit Shah
Simple Harmonic Software Solutions Pty Ltd
www.simpleharmonic.com
www.fortuna.com.au
Ph:  02 9630 0190
Fax: 02 9630 0187

John DeSoi

On Jul 13, 2006, at 1:01 AM, Wayne Stewart wrote:

> I know there is on the mac (zip)
> but don't know how toi call it yet?

On OS X you can use the ditto command with the -k option to create a
zip archive. Something like this where $src and $dest are posix paths:

$cmd:="ditto -c -k -X --rsrc "+Char(Double quote )+$src+Char(Double
quote )+" "+Char(Double quote )+$dest+Char(Double quote )

LAUNCH EXTERNAL PROCESS($cmd;$in;$out;$err)

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL