Connecting to Exchange Server with IMAP

JasonH

I see lot's of posts about connecting to Gmail, but has anyone been able to connect to MS Exchange server?

I have an account which I can connect to OK with my iPhone, but using the same settings, cannot with 4d (v15, Windows).

From my phone:
Email = [ [hidden email] ]( mailto:[hidden email] )
Server = mail.domain.com
Domain = otherdomain.com
UserName = XYZ
Password = password
Advance Settings = Use SSL turned on

From 4D
$error:=imap_Login("mail.domain.com";"XYZ";"password";$IMAP_ID;1)
or even
$error:=imap_Login("mail.domain.com";"otherdomain.com\XYZ";"password";$IMAP_ID;1)

Which in both cases after about 30 seconds I get a 100061 error (FTP 551 - Requested action aborted: page type unknown)

Not sure why I would get an FTP error?  Any ideas how to connect?

Thanks!
Jason

Re: Connecting to Exchange Server with IMAP

Lee Hinde
Jason; did you get this sorted out?

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 3:48 PM, Jason Hect <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I see lot's of posts about connecting to Gmail, but has anyone been able
> to connect to MS Exchange server?
>
> I have an account which I can connect to OK with my iPhone, but using the
> same settings, cannot with 4d (v15, Windows).
>
> From my phone:
> Email = [ [hidden email] ]( mailto:[hidden email] )
> Server = mail.domain.com
> Domain = otherdomain.com
> UserName = XYZ
> Password = password
> Advance Settings = Use SSL turned on
>
> From 4D
> $error:=imap_Login("mail.domain.com";"XYZ";"password";$IMAP_ID;1)
> or even
> $error:=imap_Login("mail.domain.com";"otherdomain.com
> \XYZ";"password";$IMAP_ID;1)
>
> Which in both cases after about 30 seconds I get a 100061 error (FTP 551 -
> Requested action aborted: page type unknown)
>
> Not sure why I would get an FTP error?  Any ideas how to connect?
>
> Thanks!
> Jason

Re: Connecting to Exchange Server with IMAP

ADeeg
This post was updated on .
Jason,

I think your iphone connects to the exchange server in exchange mode. To use the imap mode, there must be activated 2 IMAP4 services inside the exchange server and some more clicks inside the settings.

Or connect to outlook from 4D. http://www.node.de/indexplug.htm

Regards Armin

JasonH wrote
I see lot's of posts about connecting to Gmail, but has anyone been able to connect to MS Exchange server?

I have an account which I can connect to OK with my iPhone, but using the same settings, cannot with 4d (v15, Windows).

From my phone:
Email = [ [hidden email] ]( mailto:[hidden email] )
Server = mail.domain.com
Domain = otherdomain.com
UserName = XYZ
Password = password
Advance Settings = Use SSL turned on

From 4D
$error:=imap_Login("mail.domain.com";"XYZ";"password";$IMAP_ID;1)
or even
$error:=imap_Login("mail.domain.com";"otherdomain.com\XYZ";"password";$IMAP_ID;1)

Which in both cases after about 30 seconds I get a 100061 error (FTP 551 - Requested action aborted: page type unknown)

Not sure why I would get an FTP error?  Any ideas how to connect?

Thanks!
Jason

Re: Connecting to Exchange Server with IMAP

Paul Dennis
Hello Jason,

DID you get this resolved I am alos getting error 10061 tryint to connect to exchnage via imap. SMTP is ok. Bit confused about tls vs ssl and the last param. Which combination of 0 or 1, Tls or SSL and port 143 or 993 ?

Thanks
Paul