Converting Quick Reports from 4D 2004 to Modern Version

Converting Quick Reports from 4D 2004 to Modern Version

4D Tech mailing list
While converting an application from 2004, it appears that Quick Reports in
2004 are not compatible with 15.4.

I've searched through a few sets of docs but can't find a where this is
documented. I'd appreciate it  if some good soul could confirm that/cite a
reference for that.

Assuming that they have to be converted, are there any hints, tips, tricks,
or code to speed or automate the conversion?

--
Douglas von Roeder

Re: Converting Quick Reports from 4D 2004 to Modern Version

4D Tech mailing list
Hi Doug,

I had a conversion with this problem going from v11 to v15. There were numerous quick reports that were written in 2004 and were being used, but not re-saved in v11.

Quick Reports written in 2004 would open v11 but not v15. If they are saved in v11, we found you can then open them in v15. I don’t know about v12-14, but some or all of those  might serve to bridge this gap too.

We did not automate conversions because we had lots of users who stored quick report files locally. We sent out notes to have them prep their reports for the conversion.

Tom DeMeo

Re: Converting Quick Reports from 4D 2004 to Modern Version

4D Tech mailing list
Tom:

Thank you for posting this info!

I'll run up a copy of V11 and convert them.

--
Douglas von Roeder
949-336-2902