Curl on Windows

macjimbo
Hi

My application (Mac only until now) has evolved since 4Dv6 and some of the code is quite old.

I use CURL for talking to external APIs, using the LAUNCH EXTERNAL PROCESS command with input of "curl " plus a header, data, etc.

It's years since I ran this on Windows, when I used 'Curl.exe' which I think sat in the 4D extras folder.

I've no idea in 2020 what the best/easiest way is of running Curl on Windows? I see that there is a Curl plug in from Miyako but I can't see any examples of how to use it and it looks like I would probably need to re-write all my calls.

Is there a way of implementing Curl functionality on Windows, using the same syntax that I'm using on Mac?

I'm on 4D v17.4.

Thank you

James

Re: Curl on Windows

Pavel Cerny
Hi.

I think everything that curl.exe does you can also get by using commands HTTP Get and HTTP Request.
curl.exe (later version) in Windows10 can also be used.

Good luck
Pavel

Re: Curl on Windows

macjimbo
Thanks Pavel - I have discovered the joys of HTTP Request and managed to get it to do everything I need :-)

Thanks again

James