Desperately need 4D Server v6 client license floppies

Desperately need 4D Server v6 client license floppies

Justin Leavens
Argh! One of my clients had their preferences file corrupt on their
4Dv6 Server this week, and lost all their client licenses for 4D
Server.

I know they're a tough find, but I'd appreciate hearing from anyone
who has any active 4D Server v6 client license floppies available, if
it's for one user or a 10 pack.

This system is a little long in the tooth, but I'd hate for this to be
the way it goes out...
--
Justin Leavens, Just In Time Consulting
[hidden email]

4th Dimension Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  <http://www.4d.com/support/faqnug.html>
Archive:  <http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.inug-4d.tech>
Unsub:  mailto:  [hidden email]

Re: Desperately need 4D Server v6 client license floppies

Michael Ashton
On 7/12/06, Justin Leavens <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Argh! One of my clients had their preferences file corrupt on their
> 4Dv6 Server this week, and lost all their client licenses for 4D
> Server.
>
> I know they're a tough find, but I'd appreciate hearing from anyone
> who has any active 4D Server v6 client license floppies available, if
> it's for one user or a 10 pack.

I just got back from a long lunch, so things may be a little hazy, but I
think 4D V6 was the first version to use enterable expansion license
numbers. You may still be in the same predicament, but I think that it's
probably a [expansion] license "card" that you're looking for. 4D Inc. may
have a record of the license number, if it was registered.

Michael Ashton
Learn by example. Download free 4D 2004 example applications today!
http://www.4d.com/2004/examples.html

4th Dimension Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  <http://www.4d.com/support/faqnug.html>
Archive:  <http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.inug-4d.tech>
Unsub:  mailto:  [hidden email]

Re: Re: Desperately need 4D Server v6 client license floppies

Justin Leavens
On 7/12/06, Michael Ashton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 7/12/06, Justin Leavens <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Argh! One of my clients had their preferences file corrupt on their
> > 4Dv6 Server this week, and lost all their client licenses for 4D
> > Server.
> >
> > I know they're a tough find, but I'd appreciate hearing from anyone
> > who has any active 4D Server v6 client license floppies available, if
> > it's for one user or a 10 pack.
>

> I just got back from a long lunch, so things may be a little hazy, but I
> think 4D V6 was the first version to use enterable expansion license
> numbers. You may still be in the same predicament, but I think that it's
> probably a [expansion] license "card" that you're looking for. 4D Inc. may
> have a record of the license number, if it was registered.

Actually, it works both ways in the later versions of 4Dv6 - if the
machine running 4D Server has a floppy drive, it will check for a
floppy license. If not, it will prompt for a license number (they have
a floppy drive and the floppies). 4D would convert the floppies to
license numbers keys for you back then, but that never happened here
because, well, there wasn't a problem. :*)

The good news is that once again thanks to the swiftness and
generousity of the NUG, we're back up and running. With particular
thanks to the two friends who quickly reached out and offered me
solutions...