Error -10002 4D v2003

Pat Bensky
Got a customer who is still using v2003, client/server :)
One of their employees used to log in to the database with 4D Client via a
VPN. Since upgrading to Windows 8 he can no longer do this - he gets an
error -10002 "The database cannot be used". I suspect it is simply that
Windows 8 and 4D 2003 are not compatible. I can't find an option to check
or change the port number in this version of 4D Server.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Pat

CatBase - The Database Publishing Solution
tel: +44 (0) 1462 454522
w: http://www.catbase.com
skype: pat.bensky

4D v13 is available now - with more than 200 new features to make
your applications richer and faster
http://www.4d.com/products/new.html

Re: Error -10002 4D v2003

Jeffrey Kain
With 4D 2003 you use 4D Customizer to modify the TCP.OPT file (the good old days!!).

Have you tried some of the classics, like setting 4D Client to run in Windows XP emulation mode in the file properties, as well as setting it to run with administrator credentials? Also remember to disable DEP (although this would probably cause a crash right off the bat and not a -10002 error).

Jeff

On Feb 9, 2014, at 6:45 PM, Pat Bensky <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Got a customer who is still using v2003, client/server :)
> One of their employees used to log in to the database with 4D Client via a
> VPN. Since upgrading to Windows 8 he can no longer do this - he gets an
> error -10002 "The database cannot be used". I suspect it is simply that
> Windows 8 and 4D 2003 are not compatible. I can't find an option to check
> or change the port number in this version of 4D Server.
>
> Any ideas?

4D v13 is available now - with more than 200 new features to make
your applications richer and faster
http://www.4d.com/products/new.html

Re: Error -10002 4D v2003

Robert McKeever
Also, be sure that his firewall is not blocking the 4D port (19813 as I recall).

On Feb 9, 2014, at 3:54 PM, Jeffrey Kain wrote:

> With 4D 2003 you use 4D Customizer to modify the TCP.OPT file (the good old days!!).
>
> Have you tried some of the classics, like setting 4D Client to run in Windows XP emulation mode in the file properties, as well as setting it to run with administrator credentials? Also remember to disable DEP (although this would probably cause a crash right off the bat and not a -10002 error).
>
> Jeff
>
> On Feb 9, 2014, at 6:45 PM, Pat Bensky <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Got a customer who is still using v2003, client/server :)
>> One of their employees used to log in to the database with 4D Client via a
>> VPN. Since upgrading to Windows 8 he can no longer do this - he gets an
>> error -10002 "The database cannot be used". I suspect it is simply that
>> Windows 8 and 4D 2003 are not compatible. I can't find an option to check
>> or change the port number in this version of 4D Server.
>>
>> Any ideas?

> 4D v13 is available now - with more than 200 new features to make
> your applications richer and faster
> http://www.4d.com/products/new.html

Bob McKeever                      http://www.mswl.com
McKeever's Software Wizardry
Maple Ridge, B.C.

4D v13 is available now - with more than 200 new features to make
your applications richer and faster
http://www.4d.com/products/new.html

RE: Error -10002 4D v2003

Adriano Cisternino
Hi Pat,

There are no issues with 4D 2003 and Windows 8. The causse must be elsewhere
;)

Adri