FootRunner + V13.5 Windows?

4D Tech mailing list
I'm trying to use FR with 13.5 on Windows. My runs fine interpreted but
"nothing happens" running compiled.

I'm not modifying records so I don't know that it can't modify records. The
code that I've written performs a looping operation to Sum the size of a
picture field and then displays the result.
Run the code and "nothing happens".

A second method contains all the code shown here:

ALERT("Hello world")

Run *that* code and "nothing happens".

In all cases, the code runs interpreted but the Alert does not display…even
the one line of code shown above.

Any help is much appreciated.
--
Douglas von Roeder

Re: FootRunner + V13.5 Windows?

4D Tech mailing list
Doug,
We had a problem like this with a customer last year and we were able to
(kinda) fix it by installing the appropriate version of the C++
Redistributable. I say "kinda" because at one point we got it working, and
then it stopped working again - I think the customer's IT guy changed
something that broke it again, but don't know what. In the end we wrote a
component to do the job instead. But anyway, that might be worth checking.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=5555

HTH!
Pat

On 14 June 2017 at 00:17, Douglas von Roeder via 4D_Tech <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm trying to use FR with 13.5 on Windows. My runs fine interpreted but
> "nothing happens" running compiled.
>
> I'm not modifying records so I don't know that it can't modify records. The
> code that I've written performs a looping operation to Sum the size of a
> picture field and then displays the result.
> Run the code and "nothing happens".
>

> A second method contains all the code shown here:
>
> ALERT("Hello world")
>
> Run *that* code and "nothing happens".
>

> In all cases, the code runs interpreted but the Alert does not display…even
> the one line of code shown above.
>
> Any help is much appreciated.
> --
> Douglas von Roeder
> 949-336-2902

CatBase - The Database Publishing Solution
tel: +44 (0) 207 118 7889
w: http://www.catbase.com
skype: pat.bensky

RE: FootRunner + V13.5 Windows?

4D Tech mailing list
Hi Doug,

I am not sure about Footrunner (maybe Pat's suggestions about C++ Redistributable files will help).

But I wanted to provide some light at the end of the tunnel by reminding/informing you that beginning with v16 this functionality can be achieved directly in 4D without any plugins simply by using PROCESS 4D TAGS and the #4DCODE tag.
http://livedoc.4d.com/4Dv16/help/Title/en/page2850.html#2880146

-Tim

Re: FootRunner + V13.5 Windows?

Pat:

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give that a try.

--
Douglas von Roeder
949-336-2902

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 5:06 PM, Pat Bensky via 4D_Tech <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Doug,
> We had a problem like this with a customer last year and we were able to
> (kinda) fix it by installing the appropriate version of the C++
> Redistributable. I say "kinda" because at one point we got it working, and
> then it stopped working again - I think the customer's IT guy changed
> something that broke it again, but don't know what. In the end we wrote a
> component to do the job instead. But anyway, that might be worth checking.
>
> https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=5555
>
> HTH!
> Pat
>
> On 14 June 2017 at 00:17, Douglas von Roeder via 4D_Tech <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to use FR with 13.5 on Windows. My runs fine interpreted but
> > "nothing happens" running compiled.
> >
> > I'm not modifying records so I don't know that it can't modify records.
> The
> > code that I've written performs a looping operation to Sum the size of a
> > picture field and then displays the result.
> > Run the code and "nothing happens".
> >

> > A second method contains all the code shown here:
> >
> > ALERT("Hello world")
> >
> > Run *that* code and "nothing happens".
> >

> > In all cases, the code runs interpreted but the Alert does not
> display…even
> > the one line of code shown above.
> >
> > Any help is much appreciated.
> > --
> > Douglas von Roeder
> > 949-336-2902
> > 4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
> > FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
> > Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
> > Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]

> CatBase - The Database Publishing Solution
> tel: +44 (0) 207 118 7889
> w: http://www.catbase.com
> skype: pat.bensky

Re: FootRunner + V13.5 Windows?

Tim:

When we get the app to V16, I'll use Process 4D tags but this issue needs
to be resolved now, when the app is in V13.

--
Douglas von Roeder
949-336-2902

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 5:22 PM, Timothy Penner via 4D_Tech <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Doug,
>
> I am not sure about Footrunner (maybe Pat's suggestions about C++
> Redistributable files will help).
>
> But I wanted to provide some light at the end of the tunnel by
> reminding/informing you that beginning with v16 this functionality can be
> achieved directly in 4D without any plugins simply by using PROCESS 4D TAGS
> and the #4DCODE tag.
> http://livedoc.4d.com/4Dv16/help/Title/en/page2850.html#2880146
>
> -Tim

Re: FootRunner + V13.5 Windows?

Bug meet windshield - "A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010
Redistributable has been detected on the machine."

Rather than get on the express train to DLL hell, I think it's best to try
to find another solution.