How do you force resources to download these days?

How do you force resources to download these days?

4D Tech mailing list
Grrr. Didn't figure out how to find this in the docs. There used to be a
tickbox.

If anyone knows off the top of their head and can answer with minimal
effort, I'd appreciate a reminder of how you force resources to download
automatically from 4D Server when 4D connects remotely. I'm not seeing
components sync automagically. V16 something.

I'm 100% sure that the problem is in front of the keyboard....

Re: How do you force resources to download these days?

4D Tech mailing list
On 5 Jun 2017, at 9:50 am, David Adams via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Grrr. Didn't figure out how to find this in the docs. There used to be a
> tickbox.

Could be but I don't think I ever used it. We just run a method with the EOS bit checked which contains the NOTIFY RESOURCES FOLDER MODIFICATION command. That's been pretty solid.

cheers

Re: How do you force resources to download these days?

4D Tech mailing list
On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 10:22 AM, Justin Carr via 4D_Tech <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> NOTIFY RESOURCES FOLDER MODIFICATION

Thanks J. Hmmm. Added in V11. Hmm. I'm clearly the last to know.

Any words of wisdom from the field on use of this command in
multi-developer mode? I'm trying to update constants around the joint.
Right now I'm doing EXECUTE ON CLIENT and Execute on client to have each
machine run the right code locally.

Thanks!

On 5 Jun 2017, at 12:32 pm, David Adams via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 10:22 AM, Justin Carr via 4D_Tech <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> NOTIFY RESOURCES FOLDER MODIFICATION
>
> Thanks J. Hmmm. Added in V11. Hmm. I'm clearly the last to know.
>
> Any words of wisdom from the field on use of this command in
> multi-developer mode? I'm trying to update constants around the joint.
> Right now I'm doing EXECUTE ON CLIENT and Execute on client to have each
> machine run the right code locally.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what this command is for. Not sure about constants though. I think they only get loaded at startup. So this command will probably put them in each developer's Resources folder but they won't see them till they restart. If only there was a feature request which asks for a way around this... :)

http://forums.4d.fr/Post/EN/19514761/0/0/

4D Printer Central down?

4D Tech mailing list
Did Partner Central just go down? Trying to submit a bug report and cannot get to the log in window for Partner Central. I can get to 4D.com <http://4d.com/> but when I click on Existing 4D Partner? Log In the browser hangs.

Re: How do you force resources to download these days?

David,
I tried using this most recently when I was building some html templates
for display in web areas. I found it problematic but couldn't really
understand why. Simple setup - 4D server running on one machine, update the
resources folder with things like html pages, css, js, etc. On dev machine
call the NOTIFY RESOURCES FOLDER MOD command. On another client machine not
see the changed files propagate. Get frustrated. Restart everything to see
changes happen.

On Sun, Jun 4, 2017 at 8:32 PM, David Adams via 4D_Tech <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 10:22 AM, Justin Carr via 4D_Tech <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > NOTIFY RESOURCES FOLDER MODIFICATION
>

> Thanks J. Hmmm. Added in V11. Hmm. I'm clearly the last to know.
>
> Any words of wisdom from the field on use of this command in
> multi-developer mode? I'm trying to update constants around the joint.
> Right now I'm doing EXECUTE ON CLIENT and Execute on client to have each
> machine run the right code locally.
>
> Thanks!

*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
nothing.*

*- Edmund Burke*

Re: How do you force resources to download these days?

4D Tech mailing list
Make sure you first use
SET DATABASE PARAMETER(Auto synchro resources folder;1)  // auto

I also have the data base setting for client-server set …
Update “Resources” folder during a session:  Always

This combination works well for me.
I use it to update XLIFF files to all connected clients.

Dave Porter
Tailored Solutions, Inc.
Business Management Software for Label Converters
http://www.labeltraxx.com/                414-774-9997