How to show / hide all on Property List in v16?

How to show / hide all on Property List in v16?

4D Tech mailing list
In prior versions when working with a form and the Property List is
displayed I could show/hide all panes on the list by holding the Control
(not the Command) key and clicking on one of the pane triangles. This
doesn't work for me in v16.

I've tried on two different Macs, one running Sierra and the other
Yosemite. And I've tried every combination of modifiers I can think of.

I believe I asked about this before. Is there some option I may have either
set or unset to cause this? Really annoying.

*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
nothing.*

*- Edmund Burke*

Re: How to show / hide all on Property List in v16?

4D Tech mailing list
Um - does this mean no one else is seeing this behavior?

Any thoughts about why it is happening on my machines?

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 3:34 PM, Kirk Brooks <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In prior versions when working with a form and the Property List is
> displayed I could show/hide all panes on the list by holding the Control
> (not the Command) key and clicking on one of the pane triangles. This
> doesn't work for me in v16.
>
> I've tried on two different Macs, one running Sierra and the other
> Yosemite. And I've tried every combination of modifiers I can think of.
>
> I believe I asked about this before. Is there some option I may have
> either set or unset to cause this? Really annoying.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Kirk Brooks
> San Francisco, CA
> =======================
>
> *The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
> nothing.*
>
> *- Edmund Burke*

*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
nothing.*

*- Edmund Burke*

Re: How to show / hide all on Property List in v16?

4D Tech mailing list
Never knew about this shortcut...

On Aug 14, 2017, at 5:04 PM, Kirk Brooks via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> In prior versions when working with a form and the Property List is
>> displayed I could show/hide all panes on the list by holding the Control
>> (not the Command) key and clicking on one of the pane triangles. This
>> doesn't work for me in v16.

Re: How to show / hide all on Property List in v16?

4D Tech mailing list
I didn’t know about this shortcut either. Never tried it before - or now.

> On Aug 14, 2017, at 3:06 PM, Jeffrey Kain via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Never knew about this shortcut...
>
> --
> Jeffrey Kain
> [hidden email]
>
> On Aug 14, 2017, at 5:04 PM, Kirk Brooks via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> In prior versions when working with a form and the Property List is
>>> displayed I could show/hide all panes on the list by holding the Control
>>> (not the Command) key and clicking on one of the pane triangles. This
>>> doesn't work for me in v16.

Re: How to show / hide all on Property List in v16?

4D Tech mailing list
Well that explains why no one else seems to miss it...

I find it really handy to tighten the list when working with objects and
such.

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 2:08 PM, Jody Bevan via 4D_Tech <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I didn’t know about this shortcut either. Never tried it before - or now.
>
> > On Aug 14, 2017, at 3:06 PM, Jeffrey Kain via 4D_Tech <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Never knew about this shortcut...
> >
> > --
> > Jeffrey Kain
> > [hidden email]

> Control

*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
nothing.*

*- Edmund Burke*

Re: How to show / hide all on Property List in v16?

I never collapse/expand the sections…

> On Aug 14, 2017, at 2:04 PM, Kirk Brooks via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Um - does this mean no one else is seeing this behavior?

Re: How to show / hide all on Property List in v16?

I use 4D 16.1 on MacOS 10.11.6 and collectively open/close all panes of the the property list of the form editor works when I press <ctrl> while clicking on the triangle.

HTH
Ingo Wolf

--
ViELMAC Ingo Wolf
Rheinhessenring 53A

Re: How to show / hide all on Property List in v16?

I did not know that snippet.
It works for me with V16R3 on my MacBook Pro on macOS Sierra.

> Le 11 août 2017 à 00:34, Kirk Brooks via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> In prior versions when working with a form and the Property List is
> displayed I could show/hide all panes on the list by holding the Control
> (not the Command) key and clicking on one of the pane triangles. This
> doesn't work for me in v16.
>
> I've tried on two different Macs, one running Sierra and the other
> Yosemite. And I've tried every combination of modifiers I can think of.
>
> I believe I asked about this before. Is there some option I may have either
> set or unset to cause this? Really annoying.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Kirk Brooks
> San Francisco, CA
> =======================
>
> *The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
> nothing.*
>
> *- Edmund Burke*

Re: How to show / hide all on Property List in v16?

4D Tech mailing list
Kirk,

32 vs 64 bit.

The redesigned window in 64 bit doesn't have this functionality.

Regards,

Wayne

[image: --]
Wayne Stewart
[image: http://]about.me/waynestewart
<http://about.me/waynestewart>

On 16 August 2017 at 20:19, bernard--- via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I did not know that snippet.
> It works for me with V16R3 on my MacBook Pro on macOS Sierra.
>
> > Le 11 août 2017 à 00:34, Kirk Brooks via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]>
> a écrit :
> >
> > In prior versions when working with a form and the Property List is
> > displayed I could show/hide all panes on the list by holding the Control
> > (not the Command) key and clicking on one of the pane triangles. This
> > doesn't work for me in v16.
> >
> > I've tried on two different Macs, one running Sierra and the other
> > Yosemite. And I've tried every combination of modifiers I can think of.
> >
> > I believe I asked about this before. Is there some option I may have
> either
> > set or unset to cause this? Really annoying.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > --
> > Kirk Brooks
> > San Francisco, CA
> > =======================
> >
> > *The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
> > nothing.*
> >
> > *- Edmund Burke*
> > 4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
> > FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
> > Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
> > Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]

Re: How to show / hide all on Property List in v16?

4D Tech mailing list
A HA!
Now, is it bug or is it a feature?

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 4:17 AM, Wayne Stewart via 4D_Tech <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Kirk,
>
> 32 vs 64 bit.
>
> The redesigned window in 64 bit doesn't have this functionality.
>

> Regards,
>
> Wayne
>

> [image: --]
> Wayne Stewart
> [image: http://]about.me/waynestewart
> <http://about.me/waynestewart>
>

> On 16 August 2017 at 20:19, bernard--- via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > I did not know that snippet.
> > It works for me with V16R3 on my MacBook Pro on macOS Sierra.
> >
> > > Le 11 août 2017 à 00:34, Kirk Brooks via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]
> >
> > a écrit :
> > >
> > > In prior versions when working with a form and the Property List is
> > > displayed I could show/hide all panes on the list by holding the
> Control
> > > (not the Command) key and clicking on one of the pane triangles. This
> > > doesn't work for me in v16.
> > >
> > > I've tried on two different Macs, one running Sierra and the other
> > > Yosemite. And I've tried every combination of modifiers I can think of.
> > >
> > > I believe I asked about this before. Is there some option I may have
> > either
> > > set or unset to cause this? Really annoying.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > --
> > > Kirk Brooks
> > > San Francisco, CA
> > > =======================
> > >
> > > *The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
> > > nothing.*
> > >
> > > *- Edmund Burke*
> > > 4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
> > > FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
> > > Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
> > > Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]

> > 4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
> > FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
> > Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
> > Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]

*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
nothing.*

*- Edmund Burke*

Re: How to show / hide all on Property List in v16?

4D Tech mailing list
lost functionality - **SHOULD** be a bug...
of course that is when it is not a feature  :)

On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 05:41:59 -0700, Kirk Brooks via 4D_Tech wrote:

> A HA!
> Now, is it bug or is it a feature?
>
> On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 4:17 AM, Wayne Stewart via 4D_Tech <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Kirk,
>>
>> 32 vs 64 bit.
>>
>> The redesigned window in 64 bit doesn't have this functionality.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Wayne
>>

>> [image: --]
>> Wayne Stewart
>> [image: http://]about.me/waynestewart
>> <http://about.me/waynestewart>
>>

>> On 16 August 2017 at 20:19, bernard--- via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I did not know that snippet.
>>> It works for me with V16R3 on my MacBook Pro on macOS Sierra.

>> Control

>>> either

>>> 4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
>>> FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
>>> Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
>>> Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]

>> FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html

> Kirk Brooks
> San Francisco, CA
> =======================
>
> *The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
> nothing.*
>
> *- Edmund Burke*

RE: How to show / hide all on Property List in v16?

Bugs reports have already been made on the expand/collapse all shortcuts.

ACI0097204: [136792] Discrepancy Between Observed Behavior and Documented Behavior
- Doc says that shortcut on Mac OS is Command+Click, that doesn't work but Control+Click seems to work. (32 bit)

ACI0097205: [136790] Collapse All Shortcut not Working in 64 Bit 4D
- The issue that you guys are describing.

Best Regards,
-Tai B.

lost functionality - **SHOULD** be a bug...
of course that is when it is not a feature  :)

On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 05:41:59 -0700, Kirk Brooks via 4D_Tech wrote:

> A HA!
> Now, is it bug or is it a feature?
>
> On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 4:17 AM, Wayne Stewart via 4D_Tech <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Kirk,
>>
>> 32 vs 64 bit.
>>
>> The redesigned window in 64 bit doesn't have this functionality.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Wayne
>>

>> [image: --]
>> Wayne Stewart
>> [image: http://]about.me/waynestewart <http://about.me/waynestewart>
>>

>> On 16 August 2017 at 20:19, bernard--- via 4D_Tech
>> <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I did not know that snippet.
>>> It works for me with V16R3 on my MacBook Pro on macOS Sierra.

>> Control

>>> either

>>> ********************************************************************
>>> **
>>> 4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
>>> FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
>>> Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
>>> Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
>>> ********************************************************************
>>> **

>> *
>> 4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
>> FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
>> *
>>

> --
> Kirk Brooks
> San Francisco, CA
>
> *The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to
> do
> nothing.*
>
> *- Edmund Burke*

Re: How to show / hide all on Property List in v16?

4D Tech mailing list
Thanks Tai.

That's really all I was trying to figure out in the first place.