Is there a way to put a separator line in a macro list?

Is there a way to put a separator line in a macro list?

4D Tech mailing list
Just learned by example about how cool it is to call a custom method from a
macro. So cool.

Anyway, now that I've got religion about macros, I'd also like to get
organized. With that in mind, I'd like to group them visually. Is there a
way to put an inactive line-break in the list of macros? I didn't see a
mention of such a thing in the manual:

http://doc.4d.com/4Dv16/4D/16.1/Creating-and-using-macros.300-3373341.en.html

Also, the little gear thingy in the method toolbar - if seems like it
remembers the last selected macro and runs it when you click. Is that a
reliable feature? I like it, so I hope so.

Re: Is there a way to put a separator line in a macro list?

4D Tech mailing list
On more macro question, it seems that the file reloads after editing as
soon as you switch back to 4D. Is this a reliable feature, or am I just
getting lucky? Images in the Resources folder work this way, custom
constants do not...so I ask.

Re: Is there a way to put a separator line in a macro list?

 <macro name="---"></macro> <!-- dividing line -->

On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 3:02 PM, David Adams via 4D_Tech <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just learned by example about how cool it is to call a custom method from a
> macro. So cool.
>
> Anyway, now that I've got religion about macros, I'd also like to get
> organized. With that in mind, I'd like to group them visually. Is there a
> way to put an inactive line-break in the list of macros? I didn't see a
> mention of such a thing in the manual:
>
> http://doc.4d.com/4Dv16/4D/16.1/Creating-and-using-macros.
> 300-3373341.en.html
>
> Also, the little gear thingy in the method toolbar - if seems like it
> remembers the last selected macro and runs it when you click. Is that a
> reliable feature? I like it, so I hope so.
>
> Thanks

*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
nothing.*

*- Edmund Burke*

Re: Is there a way to put a separator line in a macro list?

I've never tested it but has never failed to reload for me - or throw an
error.

On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 3:04 PM, David Adams via 4D_Tech <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On more macro question, it seems that the file reloads after editing as
> soon as you switch back to 4D. Is this a reliable feature, or am I just
> getting lucky? Images in the Resources folder work this way, custom
> constants do not...so I ask.

*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
nothing.*

*- Edmund Burke*

Re: Is there a way to put a separator line in a macro list?

Kirk,

Thanks, that works great!

Re: Is there a way to put a separator line in a macro list?

macros are loaded every time a method editor window is activated,
until, it fails dues to XML parsing error.

no more reloads once an error is encountered.
same rule for XLIFF and form editor windows.
(but only if the XLIFF file is already loaded; new files are not added)

but there is no single rule for resources in general.

I am aware that custom constants are only loaded at startup,
may because they come from complex origins
(component, plugin, RSR, XLF...)
and the order in which the files are loaded has an impact.

On Aug 2, 2017, at 7:35 PM,David Adams wrote:

> On more macro question, it seems that the file reloads after editing as
> soon as you switch back to 4D. Is this a reliable feature, or am I just
> getting lucky? Images in the Resources folder work this way, custom
> constants do not...so I ask.

Yes. Every time 4D switches from background to frontmost application it does a reload.

Tim Nevels
Innovative Solutions