Max data file size

STARDATA
Hi everyone,
I'm working on a big scale application that receives a lot of data that have to be stored in the 4D data file.
The worst-case scenario that since then I come across is a database with 9 million of records in a single table and a  data file weighting 10GB.
Since those applications tend to keep growing of 10%  every year I was wondering: what is the maximum capacity for a data file before the queries and the operations on the  DB get too slow?
Is there a record limit for  the v16,v17 and v18?

Thank you to everyone who will take his time to answer me.

Best regards.