Method caller

STARDATA
hi all

I work with 4D V13.2 on windows.
I use on error call for trap the errors, and i have a question.
Is possible to know the method that have called the method of error
management?
Into the method, i write the error in one log file, and i have need to
know the method that have called the error method management.

Thanks
Ferdinando

Re: Method caller

Jeffrey Kain
http://doc.4d.com/4Dv13/4D/13.6/Method-called-on-error.301-2502649.en.html <http://doc.4d.com/4Dv13/4D/13.6/Method-called-on-error.301-2502649.en.html>

Why 13.2? Sooo many bugs.  It's a free upgrade to 13.6 which is very stable.

> On Jan 21, 2017, at 10:15 AM, stardata.info <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I work with 4D V13.2 on windows.
> I use on error call for trap the errors, and i have a question.
> Is possible to know the method that have called the method of error management?
> Into the method, i write the error in one log file, and i have need to know the method that have called the error method management.

Re: Method caller

> Le 21 janv. 2017 à 16:15, stardata.info <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> [...]
> Is possible to know the method that have called the method of error management?
> Into the method, i write the error in one log file, and i have need to know the method that have called the error method management.

Hi Ferdinando,
no, you must "run your own" (quite heavy IMHO).
It's been asked many times.

Re: Method caller

STARDATA

I know that thare are V13.6 that is better, but i have some
installations and i need to test the conversion in one appropriated moment.
However i think to convert at V 14 or V15 directly

Thanks
/Ferdinando

/

> Il 21/01/2017 21:00, [hidden email] ha scritto:
>> Message: 5
>> Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2017 10:22:31 -0500
>> From: Jeffrey Kain<[hidden email]>
>> To: 4D iNug Technical<[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Re: Method caller
>>
>> http://doc.4d.com/4Dv13/4D/13.6/Method-called-on-error.301-2502649.en.html  <http://doc.4d.com/4Dv13/4D/13.6/Method-called-on-error.301-2502649.en.html>
>>
>> Why 13.2? Sooo many bugs.  It's a free upgrade to 13.6 which is very stable.
>>

>>> On Jan 21, 2017, at 10:15 AM, stardata.info<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>>
>>> I work with 4D V13.2 on windows.
>>> I use on error call for trap the errors, and i have a question.
>>> Is possible to know the method that have called the method of error management?
>>> Into the method, i write the error in one log file, and i have need to know the method that have called the error method management.

Re: Method caller

David Adams-4
On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 2:15 AM, stardata.info <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> hi all
>
> I use on error call for trap the errors, and i have a question.
> Is possible to know the method that have called the method of error
> management?
> Into the method, i write the error in one log file, and i have need to
> know the method that have called the error method management.

Have you noticed the "Error method" and "Error line" system variables?
They're documented here:

http://doc.4d.com/4Dv13/4D/13.6/ON-ERR-CALL.301-2502645.en.html

We've had the Error system variable forever in 4D. I'm not sure which
version added Error method and Error line, but not everyone is aware of
them. They indicate the method that provoked the error and on what line.
Very helpful.