Mojave

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Mojave

4D Tech mailing list
I don’t believe 4D has released a version that is fully compatible with Mojave, unless I missed an announcement. But I’m getting outside pressure to upgrade from Sierra to Mojave and may have to do it anyway. From what I’ve heard, v17 seems to work good enough for development at least in Mojave, but my main concern is v16r6. I’ll still need to do some development and building in that version for a couple months. Is anyone using that version in Mojave and could comment on how well it is working? (Comments about v17 in Mojave are also welcome.)

Thanks!

--
Cannon.Smith
Synergy Farm Solutions Inc.
Hill Spring, AB Canada
403-626-3236
<[hidden email]>
<www.synergyfarmsolutions.com>


**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: https://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mojave

4D Tech mailing list
I am likewise curious about this ... and what about v13? We still have some
customers on that version. Will we need to maintain separate machines with
different versions of the OS installed?

On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 at 14:18, Cannon Smith via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I don’t believe 4D has released a version that is fully compatible with
> Mojave, unless I missed an announcement. But I’m getting outside pressure
> to upgrade from Sierra to Mojave and may have to do it anyway. From what
> I’ve heard, v17 seems to work good enough for development at least in
> Mojave, but my main concern is v16r6. I’ll still need to do some
> development and building in that version for a couple months. Is anyone
> using that version in Mojave and could comment on how well it is working?
> (Comments about v17 in Mojave are also welcome.)
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Cannon.Smith
> Synergy Farm Solutions Inc.
> Hill Spring, AB Canada
> 403-626-3236
> <[hidden email]>
> <www.synergyfarmsolutions.com>
>
>
> **********************************************************************
> 4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
> Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
> Options: https://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
> Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
> **********************************************************************



--
*************************************************
CatBase - Top Dog in Data Publishing
tel: +44 (0) 207 118 7889
w: http://www.catbase.com
skype: pat.bensky
*************************************************
**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: https://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mojave

4D Tech mailing list
I had to convert all my pict format graphics, static and in the picture library.  Otherwise 4D would crash when a form containing one or more of them was displayed.

16R6.. client is experimenting with a couple of clients running Mojave. So far no complaints since fixing the pics. Not tried server yet.

John Baughman
Kailua, Hawaii
[hidden email]

> On Nov 30, 2018, at 4:38 AM, Pat Bensky via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am likewise curious about this ... and what about v13? We still have some
> customers on that version. Will we need to maintain separate machines with
> different versions of the OS installed?
>
> On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 at 14:18, Cannon Smith via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> I don’t believe 4D has released a version that is fully compatible with
>> Mojave, unless I missed an announcement. But I’m getting outside pressure
>> to upgrade from Sierra to Mojave and may have to do it anyway. From what
>> I’ve heard, v17 seems to work good enough for development at least in
>> Mojave, but my main concern is v16r6. I’ll still need to do some
>> development and building in that version for a couple months. Is anyone
>> using that version in Mojave and could comment on how well it is working?
>> (Comments about v17 in Mojave are also welcome.)
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Cannon.Smith
>> Synergy Farm Solutions Inc.
>> Hill Spring, AB Canada
>> 403-626-3236
>> <[hidden email]>
>> <www.synergyfarmsolutions.com>
>>
>>
>> **********************************************************************
>> 4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
>> Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
>> Options: https://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
>> Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
>> **********************************************************************
>
>
>
> --
> *************************************************
> CatBase - Top Dog in Data Publishing
> tel: +44 (0) 207 118 7889
> w: http://www.catbase.com
> skype: pat.bensky
> *************************************************
> **********************************************************************
> 4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
> Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
> Options: https://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
> Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
> **********************************************************************
**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: https://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mojave

4D Tech mailing list
In reply to this post by 4D Tech mailing list
Canon,
I haven't had any issues running v17 on Mojave. I'm not really doing
anything with v16 anymore so can't speak to that. v15 is mostly OK except
for issues with the web area.

On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 6:18 AM Cannon Smith via 4D_Tech <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don’t believe 4D has released a version that is fully compatible with
> Mojave, unless I missed an announcement. But I’m getting outside pressure
> to upgrade from Sierra to Mojave and may have to do it anyway. From what
> I’ve heard, v17 seems to work good enough for development at least in
> Mojave, but my main concern is v16r6. I’ll still need to do some
> development and building in that version for a couple months. Is anyone
> using that version in Mojave and could comment on how well it is working?
> (Comments about v17 in Mojave are also welcome.)
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Cannon.Smith
> Synergy Farm Solutions Inc.
> Hill Spring, AB Canada
> 403-626-3236
> <[hidden email]>
> <www.synergyfarmsolutions.com>
>
>
> **********************************************************************
> 4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
> Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
> Options: https://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
> Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
> **********************************************************************



--
Kirk Brooks
San Francisco, CA
=======================

*We go vote - they go home*
**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: https://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mojave

4D Tech mailing list
In reply to this post by 4D Tech mailing list
Thanks John and Kirk. I appreciate the feedback. If anyone else has more information, feel free to chime in.

Thanks.

--
Cannon.Smith
Synergy Farm Solutions Inc.
Hill Spring, AB Canada
403-626-3236
<[hidden email]>
<www.synergyfarmsolutions.com>


> On Nov 30, 2018, at 9:59 AM, John Baughman via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I had to convert all my pict format graphics, static and in the picture library.  Otherwise 4D would crash when a form containing one or more of them was displayed.
>
> 16R6.. client is experimenting with a couple of clients running Mojave. So far no complaints since fixing the pics. Not tried server yet.

**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: https://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mojave

4D Tech mailing list
We had a problem with SVG graphics in v17.0 on Mojave - fixed with v17 HF3.

On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 4:47 PM Cannon Smith via 4D_Tech <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks John and Kirk. I appreciate the feedback. If anyone else has more
> information, feel free to chime in.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Cannon.Smith
> Synergy Farm Solutions Inc.
> Hill Spring, AB Canada
> 403-626-3236
> <[hidden email]>
> <www.synergyfarmsolutions.com>
>
>
> > On Nov 30, 2018, at 9:59 AM, John Baughman via 4D_Tech <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I had to convert all my pict format graphics, static and in the picture
> library.  Otherwise 4D would crash when a form containing one or more of
> them was displayed.
> >
> > 16R6.. client is experimenting with a couple of clients running Mojave.
> So far no complaints since fixing the pics. Not tried server yet.
>
> **********************************************************************
> 4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
> Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
> Options: https://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
> Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
> **********************************************************************
**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: https://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mojave

4D Tech mailing list
Hi Jim,

Do you have more specific information about this issue?

Thanks.

--
Cannon.Smith
Synergy Farm Solutions Inc.
Hill Spring, AB Canada
403-626-3236
<[hidden email]>
<www.synergyfarmsolutions.com>


> On Dec 3, 2018, at 2:54 PM, Jim Hays via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> We had a problem with SVG graphics in v17.0 on Mojave - fixed with v17 HF3.

**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: https://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mojave

4D Tech mailing list
Hello,

there are 4 Mojave related issues listed on the 17.0HF 4 fix list.

https://bugs.4d.fr/fixedbugslist?version=17.0_HF4

ACI0098799On macOS 10.14.x (Mojave), unexpected white vertical line is displayed in the Administration window.
ACI0098805Unexpected error "Could not open the specified document because it is already in use" when saving a 4D Write and 4D View file on disk on macOS Mojave 10.14 .
ACI0098908In the method editor, the frame of the auto-completion suggested window is no more displayed. On macOS 10.14.x only (Mojave).
ACI0098954Issues with images badly rendered in 4D on macOS 10.14.x (Mojave).

the first one sounds like an SVG issue.

> 2018/12/04 8:30、Cannon Smith via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]>のメール:
> Do you have more specific information about this issue?




**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: https://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mojave

4D Tech mailing list
Thanks for the list, Miyako. Very helpful.

--
Cannon.Smith
Synergy Farm Solutions Inc.
Hill Spring, AB Canada
403-626-3236
<[hidden email]>
<www.synergyfarmsolutions.com>


> On Dec 3, 2018, at 5:16 PM, Keisuke Miyako via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> ACI0098799On macOS 10.14.x (Mojave), unexpected white vertical line is displayed in the Administration window.
> ACI0098805Unexpected error "Could not open the specified document because it is already in use" when saving a 4D Write and 4D View file on disk on macOS Mojave 10.14 .
> ACI0098908In the method editor, the frame of the auto-completion suggested window is no more displayed. On macOS 10.14.x only (Mojave).
> ACI0098954Issues with images badly rendered in 4D on macOS 10.14.x (Mojave).

**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: https://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mojave

4D Tech mailing list
In reply to this post by 4D Tech mailing list
We are creating various graphics using a combination of SVG, 4D HTML Tags,
and the Canvas plugin.

The SVG was originally created with Sketch on the Mac, then added HTML tags
and simplified the SVG.
We dynamically size and add text, then convert to a picture to be displayed
by Canvas.

We're only concerned about 32bit 4D for now - next year we will work on a
64bit client.
Also, we are 95% Windows, but needed a working Mac client.
We haven't investigated why some things work, and some don't - we have what
we need for now.

Good graphics - 32 bit 17HF3:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0a9ccw3f4mgkqlp/4D%2017.0.229909%2032bit.png?dl=0

Still missing some text - 64 bit 17HF3
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i2ybk23gbjhw7d4/4D%2017.0.229909%2064bit.png?dl=0

Original v17.0 64 bit release - crazy text:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbblaypylkey4zn/4D%2017.0.225365%2064bit.png?dl=0


Jim


On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 6:30 PM Cannon Smith via 4D_Tech <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Do you have more specific information about this issue?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Cannon.Smith
> Synergy Farm Solutions Inc.
> Hill Spring, AB Canada
> 403-626-3236
> <[hidden email]>
> <www.synergyfarmsolutions.com>
>
>
> > On Dec 3, 2018, at 2:54 PM, Jim Hays via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > We had a problem with SVG graphics in v17.0 on Mojave - fixed with v17
> HF3.
>
> **********************************************************************
> 4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
> Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
> Options: https://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
> Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
> **********************************************************************
**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: https://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mojave

4D Tech mailing list
Hi Jim,

Thank you very much. That gives me some direction on what I’ll need to look for.

Much obliged!

--
Cannon.Smith
Synergy Farm Solutions Inc.
Hill Spring, AB Canada
403-626-3236
<[hidden email]>
<www.synergyfarmsolutions.com>


> On Dec 4, 2018, at 8:26 AM, Jim Hays via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Good graphics - 32 bit 17HF3:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/0a9ccw3f4mgkqlp/4D%2017.0.229909%2032bit.png?dl=0
>
> Still missing some text - 64 bit 17HF3
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/i2ybk23gbjhw7d4/4D%2017.0.229909%2064bit.png?dl=0
>
> Original v17.0 64 bit release - crazy text:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbblaypylkey4zn/4D%2017.0.225365%2064bit.png?dl=0
>

**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: https://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************