Need plugin that will set macOS window modified indicator

Need plugin that will set macOS window modified indicator

4D Tech mailing list
I’m looking for a plugin that can be used with 4D v14+ to set the window modified indicator. You know the little black dot in the center of red close button in the window title bar.

I found a Miyako plugin called “Carbon Window Manager” but it specifically states it only works with old style Carbon windows. Newer versions of 4D have native Cocoa windows.

Miyako do you have a plug that works with current versions of 4D?

Tim Nevels
Innovative Solutions

Re: Need plugin that will set macOS window modified indicator

4D Tech mailing list
just posted:

https://github.com/miyako/4d-plugin-window-button

> 2017/06/08 4:25、Tim Nevels via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> のメール:
>
> I’m looking for a plugin that can be used with 4D v14+ to set the window modified indicator. You know the little black dot in the center of red close button in the window title bar.
>
> I found a Miyako plugin called “Carbon Window Manager” but it specifically states it only works with old style Carbon windows. Newer versions of 4D have native Cocoa windows.
>
> Miyako do you have a plug that works with current versions of 4D?

Re: Need plugin that will set macOS window modified indicator

4D Tech mailing list
Awesome!

I tried this and am having a problem creating a generic usage for "current window"...

I get compiler errors:
the result of the function is not compatible with the expression
this value cannot be passed as a parameter to this method or command

from this line of code:
WINDOW SET ENABLED (Current form window;Window document modified;True)

Thanks!

Spencer

> On Jun 7, 2017, at 6:47 PM, Keisuke Miyako via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> just posted:
>
> https://github.com/miyako/4d-plugin-window-button
>
>> 2017/06/08 4:25、Tim Nevels via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> のメール:
>>
>> I’m looking for a plugin that can be used with 4D v14+ to set the window modified indicator. You know the little black dot in the center of red close button in the window title bar.
>>
>> I found a Miyako plugin called “Carbon Window Manager” but it specifically states it only works with old style Carbon windows. Newer versions of 4D have native Cocoa windows.
>>
>> Miyako do you have a plug that works with current versions of 4D?

Re: Need plugin that will set macOS window modified indicator

4D Tech mailing list
Try using 1 and 0 instead of True and False for the third parameter.

Jeremy

Jeremy Roussak
[hidden email]

> On 8 Jun 2017, at 14:00, Spencer Hinsdale via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Awesome!
>
> I tried this and am having a problem creating a generic usage for "current window"...
>
> I get compiler errors:
> the result of the function is not compatible with the expression
> this value cannot be passed as a parameter to this method or command
>
> from this line of code:
> WINDOW SET ENABLED (Current form window;Window document modified;True)
>

> Thanks!
>
> Spencer
>
>> On Jun 7, 2017, at 6:47 PM, Keisuke Miyako via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> just posted:
>>
>> https://github.com/miyako/4d-plugin-window-button
>>
>>> 2017/06/08 4:25、Tim Nevels via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> のメール:
>>>
>>> I’m looking for a plugin that can be used with 4D v14+ to set the window modified indicator. You know the little black dot in the center of red close button in the window title bar.
>>>
>>> I found a Miyako plugin called “Carbon Window Manager” but it specifically states it only works with old style Carbon windows. Newer versions of 4D have native Cocoa windows.
>>>
>>> Miyako do you have a plug that works with current versions of 4D?

>> FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html

Re: Need plugin that will set macOS window modified indicator

4D Tech mailing list
compiled!

thanks, Jeremy!