PDF viewing alternative in v17/64 bit

4D Tech mailing list
Just ran into a nice surprise in 4D v17 on 64-bit using the embedded "Blink" web area... it has a very nice cross-platform PDF viewer built in. Just pass the path of a PDF into WA Open URL and it will display exactly the same on both Mac and Windows -- no plug-ins or extra configuration required.

RE: PDF viewing alternative in v17/64 bit

4D Tech mailing list
Jeff,

That is a very nice surprise...thanks for sharing!

Steve

Just ran into a nice surprise in 4D v17 on 64-bit using the embedded "Blink" web area... it has a very nice cross-platform PDF viewer built in. Just pass the path of a PDF into WA Open URL and it will display exactly the same on both Mac and Windows -- no plug-ins or extra configuration required.

Re: PDF viewing alternative in v17/64 bit

> Le 27 mars 2019 à 15:01, Jeffrey Kain via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Just ran into a nice surprise in 4D v17 on 64-bit using the embedded "Blink" web area... it has a very nice cross-platform PDF viewer built in. Just pass the path of a PDF into WA Open URL and it will display exactly the same on both Mac and Windows -- no plug-ins or extra configuration required.

Great…
Unfortunately we're still stuck for a while (write->write pro) to 32 bits.
I'd like to thank you for this, BTW:
<https://forums.4d.com/Post/FR/28377705/1/28639612#28403909>

Strangely, using right click to print, the pdf document is printed 50% reduced at center of page: any idea, someone?

Re: PDF viewing alternative in v17/64 bit

4D Tech mailing list
If I get time I’m going to try updating the open source pdfjs files in that component and see if it fixes that stuff.  The version in my component is a bit old.