POST CLICK on highlight button

4D Tech mailing list
I find a POST CLICK on a highlight button does not put the button in
highlight. A normal click does.

I can trap the object event so it definitely does click the button.

--

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"There must be ingenuity as well as intention, strategy as well as

4D Write Pro Interface component

4D Tech mailing list
Can someone point me to instructions on how to use the 4D Write Pro Interface component.

Thanks,

John

Re: POST CLICK on highlight button

I solution might be to check that the button is set to 1 (assuming
longint)

if (form event = on clicked)
  if (self-> # 1)
    self-> := 1
  end if
end if

On Mon, 8 May 2017 17:24:33 +1000, Sujit Shah via 4D_Tech wrote:

> I find a POST CLICK on a highlight button does not put the button in
> highlight. A normal click does.
>
> I can trap the object event so it definitely does click the button.
>

> --
>
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "There must be ingenuity as well as intention, strategy as well as
> strength. "

Re: 4D Write Pro Interface component

> Can someone point me to instructions on how to use the 4D Write Pro Interface component.

some reading
<http://dddd.mettre.de/wp/the-real-estate-blues/#english?inug>

Regards
O r t w i n  Z i l l g e n
<mailto:[hidden email]>   <http://dddd.mettre.de/wp/?4713>
<feed://dddd.mettre.de/dddd.xml> <https://twitter.com/Ozett>
member of developer-network <http://www.die4Dwerkstatt.de>

Re: 4D Write Pro Interface component

I’d take a look at this 4DBlog “ Create your own interface for 4D Write Pro”. There is an example database you can download. My assumption (unproven as I am looking for the same insight)  and found this v16 HDI example.

http://blog.4d.com/create-your-own-interface-for-4d-write-pro/

And I’m sure then it might make sense of how to use the component.

Hope that helps,
John…

> Can someone point me to instructions on how to use the 4D Write Pro Interface component.

Re: 4D Write Pro Interface component

4D Tech mailing list
Sigh,

> My assumption (unproven as I am looking for the same insight)…

Sorry I’m not sure if this example uses the component or not.

But I did find...

http://blog.4d.com/4d-write-pro-user-interface/

Yes, just create a subform container and then in the Subform properties select “WP_Palette” as the detail form.

Then the rest I leave to your discovery.

John…

> Hi,
>
> I’d take a look at this 4DBlog “ Create your own interface for 4D Write Pro”. There is an example database you can download. My assumption (unproven as I am looking for the same insight) and found this v16 HDI example.
>
> http://blog.4d.com/create-your-own-interface-for-4d-write-pro/
>
> And I’m sure then it might make sense of how to use the component.
>
> Hope that helps,
> John…
>
>> Can someone point me to instructions on how to use the 4D Write Pro Interface component.

Re: 4D Write Pro Interface component

4D Tech mailing list
Thanks John,

        At this point I am not sure what the component brings to the table. Opening the component I see that it is using the 4D Write Pro Widget that is available i the library without the component.

        When I open my database with the component in the component folder, I cannot see any of the component methods or forms. As you suggested Icreated a subform, but WP_Pallette is not listed under Detail Forms. I tried using the component as received as well as built.

        None of the links suggested thus far discuss the component. They all talk about creating your own user interface or the widget, but not about the component. I must not have the component installed properly.

        The widget appears to do nearly everything I would have expected from the component. Can’t see what more the component could do or does.

        In the LRP under “Defining a 4D Write Pro area” it mentions talks about the widget. There is a picture of the widget in use and above the document is a ruler. Anyone know how to get that ruler to show?

John

> On May 8, 2017, at 11:18 AM, truegold via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sigh,
>
>> My assumption (unproven as I am looking for the same insight)…
>
> Sorry I’m not sure if this example uses the component or not.
>
> But I did find...
>
> http://blog.4d.com/4d-write-pro-user-interface/
>
> Yes, just create a subform container and then in the Subform properties select “WP_Palette” as the detail form.
>
> Then the rest I leave to your discovery.
>
> John…
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I’d take a look at this 4DBlog “ Create your own interface for 4D Write Pro”. There is an example database you can download. My assumption (unproven as I am looking for the same insight) and found this v16 HDI example.
>>
>> http://blog.4d.com/create-your-own-interface-for-4d-write-pro/
>>
>> And I’m sure then it might make sense of how to use the component.
>>
>> Hope that helps,
>> John…
>>
>>> Can someone point me to instructions on how to use the 4D Write Pro Interface component.

Re: 4D Write Pro Interface component

4D Tech mailing list
the 4D Write Pro feature "horizontal ruler" was added in 16R2
http://blog.4d.com/4d-write-pro-horizontal-ruler/

> Anyone know how to get that ruler to show?

Re: 4D Write Pro Interface component

4D Tech mailing list
That’s interesting. I am running v16.1 and it is not in the Property List as depicted in the blog post. Did it not make the cut for v16.1? I am assuming the 16.1 is a later release than 16R2.

John

> On May 8, 2017, at 4:28 PM, Keisuke Miyako via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> the 4D Write Pro feature "horizontal ruler" was added in 16R2
> http://blog.4d.com/4d-write-pro-horizontal-ruler/
>
>> Anyone know how to get that ruler to show?

Re: 4D Write Pro Interface component

4D Tech mailing list
Yes but the ruler is an R feature.

You won't see that in a dot release until 17 dot 0

Wayne

On Tue, 9 May 2017 at 13:01, John Baughman via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> That’s interesting. I am running v16.1 and it is not in the Property List
> as depicted in the blog post. Did it not make the cut for v16.1? I am
> assuming the 16.1 is a later release than 16R2.
>
> John
>

> > On May 8, 2017, at 4:28 PM, Keisuke Miyako via 4D_Tech <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > the 4D Write Pro feature "horizontal ruler" was added in 16R2
> > http://blog.4d.com/4d-write-pro-horizontal-ruler/
> >
> >> Anyone know how to get that ruler to show?

> > 4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
> > FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
> > Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
> > Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]

Wayne

[image: --]
Wayne Stewart
[image: http://]about.me/waynestewart
<http://about.me/waynestewart>

Disable close button on Splash screen windows v12

Hi All,

4D v12 Windows clients

I have read all the threads in the Nug concerning this and can’t seem to find a solution.

I have been trying to figure out how to disable the close button on Splash screen windows v12. Not the main Application window (that works).

If I use the command “gui_DisableCloseBox(windowHandle)” from Win32API it does disable the close button of the application window but not the splash screen.

I need the Splash screen to also have a disable close button.

Why would I want to do that? because the client WANTS the splash screen and keeps it maximized.

Is there any straight-forward way using Win32API?

Thanks,
John…

Re: 4D Write Pro Interface component

Hey John,

> When I open my database with the component in the component folder, I cannot see any of the component methods or forms

I don’t think you will as they are like a widget. I haven;t explored enough yet (I plan to next week) to see how it sets things. But since it’s set up as a widget then the general widget docs hopefully will help?

> As you suggested Icreated a subform, but WP_Pallette is not listed under Detail Forms. I tried using the component as received as well as built.

If so then yea, it’s not being seen, or it would show up as a form that can be included as a subform.

> In the LRP under “Defining a 4D Write Pro area” it mentions talks about the widget. There is a picture of the widget in use and above the document is a ruler. Anyone know how to get that ruler to show?

Look in the 4DBlog and search for ruler. There is a blog about that.

HTH,
John…

> At this point I am not sure what the component brings to the table. Opening the component I see that it is using the 4D Write Pro Widget that is available i the library without the component.
>
> When I open my database with the component in the component folder, I cannot see any of the component methods or forms. As you suggested Icreated a subform, but WP_Pallette is not listed under Detail Forms. I tried using the component as received as well as built.
>
> None of the links suggested thus far discuss the component. They all talk about creating your own user interface or the widget, but not about the component. I must not have the component installed properly.
>
> The widget appears to do nearly everything I would have expected from the component. Can’t see what more the component could do or does.
>
> In the LRP under “Defining a 4D Write Pro area” it mentions talks about the widget. There is a picture of the widget in use and above the document is a ruler. Anyone know how to get that ruler to show?
>
> John

Re: Disable close button on Splash screen windows v12

John:

Just snarfed this from a legacy application and watched the code execute.

$Error_Code:=gui_SetWndRect
($Window_Handle;0;0;<>WND_vWindow_Width;<>WND_vWindow_Height)
$Error_Code:=gui_SetWindowLong ($Window_Handle;WS_THICKFRAME |
WS_MAXIMIZEBOX;WIN_DISABLE;WIN_STYLE)
$Error_Code:=gui_DisableCloseBox ($Window_Handle)

Line 1 sets the window size
Line 2 disables the minimize
Line 3 disables the close box

--
Douglas von Roeder
949-336-2902

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 7:18 AM, truegold via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> 4D v12 Windows clients
>
> I have read all the threads in the Nug concerning this and can’t seem to
> find a solution.
>
> I have been trying to figure out how to disable the close button on Splash
> screen windows v12. Not the main Application window (that works).
>
> If I use the command “gui_DisableCloseBox(windowHandle)” from Win32API it
> does disable the close button of the application window but not the splash
> screen.
>
> I need the Splash screen to also have a disable close button.
>
> Why would I want to do that? because the client WANTS the splash screen
> and keeps it maximized.
>
> Is there any straight-forward way using Win32API?
>
> Thanks,
> John…

Re: Disable close button on Splash screen windows v12

4D Tech mailing list
John:

The code shown above is from V12.5 and an old version of Win32. Per the
docs for Win32 8.1.2, the three commands listed above have been deprecated.
The new versions of the command use the same command name with an "Ex"
appended.

--
Douglas von Roeder
949-336-2902

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 4:55 PM, Douglas von Roeder <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> John:
>
> Just snarfed this from a legacy application and watched the code execute.
>
> $Error_Code:=gui_SetWndRect ($Window_Handle;0;0;<>WND_
> vWindow_Width;<>WND_vWindow_Height)
> $Error_Code:=gui_SetWindowLong ($Window_Handle;WS_THICKFRAME |
> WS_MAXIMIZEBOX;WIN_DISABLE;WIN_STYLE)
> $Error_Code:=gui_DisableCloseBox ($Window_Handle)
>
> Line 1 sets the window size
> Line 2 disables the minimize
> Line 3 disables the close box
>

> --
> Douglas von Roeder
> 949-336-2902 <(949)%20336-2902>
>
> On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 7:18 AM, truegold via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> 4D v12 Windows clients
>>
>> I have read all the threads in the Nug concerning this and can’t seem to
>> find a solution.
>>
>> I have been trying to figure out how to disable the close button on
>> Splash screen windows v12. Not the main Application window (that works).
>>
>> If I use the command “gui_DisableCloseBox(windowHandle)” from Win32API
>> it does disable the close button of the application window but not the
>> splash screen.
>>
>> I need the Splash screen to also have a disable close button.
>>
>> Why would I want to do that? because the client WANTS the splash screen
>> and keeps it maximized.
>>
>> Is there any straight-forward way using Win32API?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> John…

>> FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html

Re: Disable close button on Splash screen windows v12

Hi Doug,

Thank you! I’ll give it a test.

I’ve had mixed result so far with only being able to disable the close box of the parent window (main app window).

Appreciate,
John...

> Just snarfed this from a legacy application and watched the code execute.
>
> $Error_Code:=gui_SetWndRect
> ($Window_Handle;0;0;<>WND_vWindow_Width;<>WND_vWindow_Height)
> $Error_Code:=gui_SetWindowLong ($Window_Handle;WS_THICKFRAME |
> WS_MAXIMIZEBOX;WIN_DISABLE;WIN_STYLE)
> $Error_Code:=gui_DisableCloseBox ($Window_Handle)
>
> Line 1 sets the window size
> Line 2 disables the minimize
> Line 3 disables the close box
>

> --
> Douglas von Roeder
> 949-336-2902

Re: Disable close button on Splash screen windows v12

4D Tech mailing list
Hi All,

I’m asking this because I have time scheduled tomorrow to try this approach. But I though I’d explained and see what others have experienced using similar approaches.

So if I want to protect the db from a user getting into “design mode” - given we have rolled our own password security - can I simply do the following:

Add a 4D Group in the password editor. Is there not a checkbox to disallow a user into design? So if I set things up this way and then…

After the user logins to our custom PW login system immediately identify them as a member of this group will that work? Will that keep them from getting access?

Thanks,
John...

> 4D v12 Windows clients
>
> I have read all the threads in the Nug concerning this and can’t seem to find a solution.
>
> I have been trying to figure out how to disable the close button on Splash screen windows v12. Not the main Application window (that works).
>
> If I use the command “gui_DisableCloseBox(windowHandle)” from Win32API it does disable the close button of the application window but not the splash screen.
>
> I need the Splash screen to also have a disable close button.
>
> Why would I want to do that? because the client WANTS the splash screen and keeps it maximized.
>
> Is there any straight-forward way using Win32API?
>
> Thanks,
> John…

Re: Disable close button on Splash screen windows v12

4D Tech mailing list
Hi John,

Have you looked at "Setting a Default User" in the Design Reference?

If you want to allow:
1) Users to never see the 4D Password Dialog; and
2) Users to only see your password system; and
3) 4D password system to keep users out of design environment

then take a look at "Setting a Default User" at:

http://doc.4d.com/4Dv16/4D/16.1/Setting-a-Default-User.300-3373311.en.html

To setup a default user and limit access to the Design Environment, you would:
1) create a group for design access (for example, "design_access".)
2) Create a default user with **NO** password or group assigned (for example, "default_user".)
3) Assign the users "designer" and "administrator" to the "design_access" group.

In Database Settings -> Security, do the following:
1) Specify the group for design access from popup of group names.
2) Specify the default user name from popup of user names.
3) Uncheck "users can change password".

When usersr enters the database, they automatically enter as the default user. No 4D Password Dialog appears.

You then present your custom password login dialog.

Beware in this scheme you will not be able to get into the Design Environment again, unless the 4D Password System dialog appears to allow you to enter as designer.

When opening a database, you can force the 4D Password Dialog to appear by holding down the shift key.

Best regards,
Jeremy French

> On May 16, 2017, at 4:28 PM, truegold via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> So if I want to protect the db from a user getting into “design mode” - given we have rolled our own password security - can I simply do the following:
>
> Add a 4D Group in the password editor. Is there not a checkbox to disallow a user into design? So if I set things up this way and then…
>
> After the user logins to our custom PW login system immediately identify them as a member of this group will that work? Will that keep them from getting access?

Re: Disable close button on Splash screen windows v12

4D Tech mailing list
Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the info.

I need to make sure that if they log in as admin then this restriction is not there. I have tried for years to dissuade the “power” user from going into “design mode” but she uses it for quick edits (as unreliable as it has seemingly become). Anyway...

So I need to make sure only users that are part of the “keep out” group are kept out.

Will this approach work?

Appreciate,
John...

> Hi John,
>
> Have you looked at "Setting a Default User" in the Design Reference?
>
> If you want to allow:
> 1) Users to never see the 4D Password Dialog; and
> 2) Users to only see your password system; and
> 3) 4D password system to keep users out of design environment
>
> then take a look at "Setting a Default User" at:
>
> http://doc.4d.com/4Dv16/4D/16.1/Setting-a-Default-User.300-3373311.en.html
>
> To setup a default user and limit access to the Design Environment, you would:
> 1) create a group for design access (for example, "design_access".)
> 2) Create a default user with **NO** password or group assigned (for example, "default_user".)
> 3) Assign the users "designer" and "administrator" to the "design_access" group.
>
> In Database Settings -> Security, do the following:
> 1) Specify the group for design access from popup of group names.
> 2) Specify the default user name from popup of user names.
> 3) Uncheck "users can change password".
>
> When usersr enters the database, they automatically enter as the default user. No 4D Password Dialog appears.
>
> You then present your custom password login dialog.
>
> Beware in this scheme you will not be able to get into the Design Environment again, unless the 4D Password System dialog appears to allow you to enter as designer.
>
> When opening a database, you can force the 4D Password Dialog to appear by holding down the shift key.
>
> Best regards,
> Jeremy French
>

>> On May 16, 2017, at 4:28 PM, truegold via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> So if I want to protect the db from a user getting into “design mode” - given we have rolled our own password security - can I simply do the following:
>>
>> Add a 4D Group in the password editor. Is there not a checkbox to disallow a user into design? So if I set things up this way and then…
>>
>> After the user logins to our custom PW login system immediately identify them as a member of this group will that work? Will that keep them from getting access?

Re: Disable close button on Splash screen windows v12

4D Tech mailing list
Jeremy:

'Quick Edits' of what?

My databases are all compiled. The Designer can do anything, including exiting the splash screen, and then to user mode. Anyone else can have certain privileges (or most all), but they can not exit the splash screen.

Easy to do.

> On May 16, 2017, at 2:32 PM, truegold via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> Thanks for the info.
>
> I need to make sure that if they log in as admin then this restriction is not there. I have tried for years to dissuade the “power” user from going into “design mode” but she uses it for quick edits (as unreliable as it has seemingly become). Anyway...
>
> So I need to make sure only users that are part of the “keep out” group are kept out.
>
> Will this approach work?
>
> Appreciate,
> John...
>
>> Hi John,
>>
>> Have you looked at "Setting a Default User" in the Design Reference?
>>
>> If you want to allow:
>> 1) Users to never see the 4D Password Dialog; and
>> 2) Users to only see your password system; and
>> 3) 4D password system to keep users out of design environment
>>
>> then take a look at "Setting a Default User" at:
>>
>> http://doc.4d.com/4Dv16/4D/16.1/Setting-a-Default-User.300-3373311.en.html
>>
>> To setup a default user and limit access to the Design Environment, you would:
>> 1) create a group for design access (for example, "design_access".)
>> 2) Create a default user with **NO** password or group assigned (for example, "default_user".)
>> 3) Assign the users "designer" and "administrator" to the "design_access" group.
>>
>> In Database Settings -> Security, do the following:
>> 1) Specify the group for design access from popup of group names.
>> 2) Specify the default user name from popup of user names.
>> 3) Uncheck "users can change password".
>>
>> When usersr enters the database, they automatically enter as the default user. No 4D Password Dialog appears.
>>
>> You then present your custom password login dialog.
>>
>> Beware in this scheme you will not be able to get into the Design Environment again, unless the 4D Password System dialog appears to allow you to enter as designer.
>>
>> When opening a database, you can force the 4D Password Dialog to appear by holding down the shift key.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Jeremy French
>>

>>> On May 16, 2017, at 4:28 PM, truegold via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> So if I want to protect the db from a user getting into “design mode” - given we have rolled our own password security - can I simply do the following:
>>>
>>> Add a 4D Group in the password editor. Is there not a checkbox to disallow a user into design? So if I set things up this way and then…
>>>
>>> After the user logins to our custom PW login system immediately identify them as a member of this group will that work? Will that keep them from getting access?

Bob McKeever                      http://www.mswl.com <http://www.mswl.com/>
McKeever's Software Wizardry
Port Coquitlam, B.C.

Re: Disable close button on Splash screen windows v12

From my code in v13

Called on Startup method
DisableWinAppCloseBox (0)  //disable mdi window close box
DisableWinAppCloseBox (1)  //disable flash screen close box

The following is trim down version for clarity

If (<>Platform=3)  //if it is window
If ($1=0)
$winRef:=gui_GetWindow ("")  //this is for MDI window
Else
$flashRef:=Frontmost window
$winRef:=gui_GetWindowFrom4DWin ($flashRef)
End if

If ($winRef>0)
If ($1=1)  //for flash screen
$prefered:=<>ScreenWidth  //this is MDI width
SET WINDOW RECT(0;<>MenuHeight*2;$prefered;<>MDIHeight;$flashRef)  //this must be done before disable close box
$error:=gui_SetWindowLong ($winRef;WS_MINIMIZEBOX | WS_MAXIMIZEBOX | WS_SYSMENU;WIN_DISABLE;WIN_STYLE)
End if
$error:=gui_DisableCloseBox ($winRef)
Else
  //not concerned in this message