PrintList Pro v6 - Build a MySQL reporting tool in 4D, access AreaList Pro properties and more

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

PrintList Pro v6 - Build a MySQL reporting tool in 4D, access AreaList Pro properties and more

4D Tech mailing list
PrintList Pro version 6 released.

* Compatibility with 4D v16 32-bit and 64-bit.

* Make a MySQL reporting tool with 4D and PrintList Pro v6!
Printing MySQL data is now available.
Combine the power of 4D and the flexibility of MySQL to design PrintList Pro reports for MySQL databases.

* PrintList Pro now uses all (relevant) AreaList Pro properties
All AreaList Pro properties, except user interaction (such as data entry or drag and drop) of course, can be set and read by the new getter and setter commands for all property types (PL_SetXXXYYYProperty, PL_GetXXXYYYProperty) including commands to manage break properties.

* PrintList Pro also has its own properties for specific printing features
In addition to AreaList Pro properties, PrintList Pro v6 has its own properties for the following features:
- Page breaks
- Dividers (show, thickness, color) for headers, body and breaks
- Line thickness, color
- End of page callback
- Adjust the area size to the page (shrink the area or enlarge the last column)
- Minimum area height (print a new page if unavailable)
- Print headers (or not)
- Repeat values
- Start a new page after the area
- Frame color, width

* Other new commands
Besides AreaList Pro properties getter and setter commands, PrintList Pro version 6 includes three new commands:
- Set a custom icon or picture in a cell (PL_SetIcon)
- Add a calculated column (PL_AddCalculatedColumn)
- Remove a column (PL_RemoveColum)

PrintList Pro version 6 is available at www.e-node.net/plp

Best regards,
--
Phil
forums.e-node.net

**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PrintList Pro v6 - Build a MySQL reporting tool in 4D, access AreaList Pro properties and more

4D Tech mailing list
Sorry to bug you but what about SR Pro 64 bits? :-)

Cheers,
Tilman Haerdle

> Am 12.06.2017 um 14:57 schrieb Philippe Ganter via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]>:
>
> PrintList Pro version 6 released.
>
> * Compatibility with 4D v16 32-bit and 64-bit.
>
> * Make a MySQL reporting tool with 4D and PrintList Pro v6!
> Printing MySQL data is now available.
> Combine the power of 4D and the flexibility of MySQL to design PrintList Pro reports for MySQL databases.
>
> * PrintList Pro now uses all (relevant) AreaList Pro properties
> All AreaList Pro properties, except user interaction (such as data entry or drag and drop) of course, can be set and read by the new getter and setter commands for all property types (PL_SetXXXYYYProperty, PL_GetXXXYYYProperty) including commands to manage break properties.
>
> * PrintList Pro also has its own properties for specific printing features
> In addition to AreaList Pro properties, PrintList Pro v6 has its own properties for the following features:
> - Page breaks
> - Dividers (show, thickness, color) for headers, body and breaks
> - Line thickness, color
> - End of page callback
> - Adjust the area size to the page (shrink the area or enlarge the last column)
> - Minimum area height (print a new page if unavailable)
> - Print headers (or not)
> - Repeat values
> - Start a new page after the area
> - Frame color, width
>
> * Other new commands
> Besides AreaList Pro properties getter and setter commands, PrintList Pro version 6 includes three new commands:
> - Set a custom icon or picture in a cell (PL_SetIcon)
> - Add a calculated column (PL_AddCalculatedColumn)
> - Remove a column (PL_RemoveColum)
>
> PrintList Pro version 6 is available at www.e-node.net/plp
>
> Best regards,
> --
> Phil
> forums.e-node.net
>
> **********************************************************************
> 4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
> FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
> Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
> Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
> Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
> **********************************************************************

**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PrintList Pro v6 - Build a MySQL reporting tool in 4D, access AreaList Pro properties and more

4D Tech mailing list
Tilman,

All our professional tools are in the process of upgrading to new major versions.

As with major breakthroughs such as direct MySQL access from PrintList Pro, or the use of all AreaList Properties (and features) directly from PLP, we focus mainly on new features, rather than 64-bit compatibility. It will make sense anyway only when 4D itself will be available in this mode on both platforms public releases, which is currently not the case.

Also, we are waiting for 4D to fix a few 64-bit related bugs on their side before we can offer this compatibility on all our product line.

Best regards,
--
Phil
forums.e-node.net

> On 12 Jun 2017, at 16:50, Tilman Haerdle via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sorry to bug you but what about SR Pro 64 bits? :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Tilman Haerdle
>
>> Am 12.06.2017 um 14:57 schrieb Philippe Ganter via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> PrintList Pro version 6 released.
>>
>> * Compatibility with 4D v16 32-bit and 64-bit.
>>
>> * Make a MySQL reporting tool with 4D and PrintList Pro v6!
>> Printing MySQL data is now available.
>> Combine the power of 4D and the flexibility of MySQL to design PrintList Pro reports for MySQL databases.
>>
>> * PrintList Pro now uses all (relevant) AreaList Pro properties
>> All AreaList Pro properties, except user interaction (such as data entry or drag and drop) of course, can be set and read by the new getter and setter commands for all property types (PL_SetXXXYYYProperty, PL_GetXXXYYYProperty) including commands to manage break properties.
>>
>> * PrintList Pro also has its own properties for specific printing features
>> In addition to AreaList Pro properties, PrintList Pro v6 has its own properties for the following features:
>> - Page breaks
>> - Dividers (show, thickness, color) for headers, body and breaks
>> - Line thickness, color
>> - End of page callback
>> - Adjust the area size to the page (shrink the area or enlarge the last column)
>> - Minimum area height (print a new page if unavailable)
>> - Print headers (or not)
>> - Repeat values
>> - Start a new page after the area
>> - Frame color, width
>>
>> * Other new commands
>> Besides AreaList Pro properties getter and setter commands, PrintList Pro version 6 includes three new commands:
>> - Set a custom icon or picture in a cell (PL_SetIcon)
>> - Add a calculated column (PL_AddCalculatedColumn)
>> - Remove a column (PL_RemoveColum)
>>
>> PrintList Pro version 6 is available at www.e-node.net/plp
>>
>> Best regards,
>> --
>> Phil
>> forums.e-node.net <http://forums.e-node.net/>

**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: PrintList Pro v6 - Build a MySQL reporting tool in 4D, access AreaList Pro properties and more

4D Tech mailing list
> rather than 64-bit compatibility.
> It will make sense anyway only when 4D itself will be available
> in this mode on both platforms public releases, which is currently not the case.

Just a quick note to clear up any misconceptions about the public availability of 64 bit versions of 4D:

64 bit 4D Server has been available as a Final certified release on both platforms since v15.1
64 bit 4D (single-user/client) has been in Final certified release on both platforms since v16R2

16R2 is available to download via the public download page on 4D.com:
http://www.4d.com/downloads/products.html

The R release is not Private nor Partner-Only, it is available to the public just like 16.x and v15.x
In contrast, Hotfixes and Nightly builds are Private Partner-Only releases only available on the Forums.

Reminder, Just like all 4D releases, it requires an appropriate license to use.
However, in order to use the R release, such as v16R2, the license must be under maintenance (or a partner license):
http://www.4d.com/purchase/maintenance.html

References:
http://download.4d.com/Documents/Products_Documentation/LastVersions/Line_15/VIntl/4D-v15_1_Matrix-Certif_EN.pdf
http://download.4d.com/Documents/Products_Documentation/LastVersions/Line_16R2/VIntl/20170328_CertifV16_R2_INTL.pdf

Kind Regards,

Tim PENNER



**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PrintList Pro v6 - Build a MySQL reporting tool in 4D, access AreaList Pro properties and more

4D Tech mailing list
Thank you Tim for this detailed information.

In addition, to clear up the status on our side, our agreement with 4D engineering specifies that we only certify our professional tools compatibility with 4D's “release" channel, as opposed to the “R" channel or beta versions.

Hotfixes and Nightly builds can be required, but only for our own beta versions. For example AreaList Pro v10 b8 requires 4D v16.1 Hotfix 1 (build 212241).

This is what I was referring to in my previous reply.

Of course we’re only talking about single user/client here. Our professional tools are compatible with 4D Server 64-bit in their current versions.

In other words we will only be able to finalize our own releases when the 64-bit release channel will be around the corner for both platforms. We have a constant communication with 4D’s engineering and QA towards this goal.

Best regards,
--
Phil
forums.e-node.net



>> rather than 64-bit compatibility.
>> It will make sense anyway only when 4D itself will be available
>> in this mode on both platforms public releases, which is currently not the case.
>
> Just a quick note to clear up any misconceptions about the public availability of 64 bit versions of 4D:
>
> 64 bit 4D Server has been available as a Final certified release on both platforms since v15.1
> 64 bit 4D (single-user/client) has been in Final certified release on both platforms since v16R2
>
> 16R2 is available to download via the public download page on 4D.com:
> http://www.4d.com/downloads/products.html
>
> The R release is not Private nor Partner-Only, it is available to the public just like 16.x and v15.x
> In contrast, Hotfixes and Nightly builds are Private Partner-Only releases only available on the Forums.
>
> Reminder, Just like all 4D releases, it requires an appropriate license to use.
> However, in order to use the R release, such as v16R2, the license must be under maintenance (or a partner license):
> http://www.4d.com/purchase/maintenance.html
>
> References:
> http://download.4d.com/Documents/Products_Documentation/LastVersions/Line_15/VIntl/4D-v15_1_Matrix-Certif_EN.pdf
> http://download.4d.com/Documents/Products_Documentation/LastVersions/Line_16R2/VIntl/20170328_CertifV16_R2_INTL.pdf
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Tim PENNER


**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************