Procedural Splitter Movement

4D Tech mailing list
Either I’m having a brain-fart, or just not remembering correctly on this topic...

If I procedurally move a splitter, will the objects surrounding this splitter adjust accordingly?  I'm looking for the same response that would occur if the mouse is used to move the splitter, except I want to do it procedurally.

Steve

Re: Procedural Splitter Movement

4D Tech mailing list
​Steve,
I don't think so - at least I haven't been able to see that happen.
Whenever I do that I also resize the affected objects. ​

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 8:49 AM, Stephen J. Orth via 4D_Tech <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Either I’m having a brain-fart, or just not remembering correctly on this
> topic...
>
> If I procedurally move a splitter, will the objects surrounding this
> splitter adjust accordingly?  I'm looking for the same response that would
> occur if the mouse is used to move the splitter, except I want to do it
> procedurally.
>

> Steve

*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
nothing.*

*- Edmund Burke*

Re: Procedural Splitter Movement

it depends on *how* you procedurally move the splitter.

say you have a splitter (which has a numeric data source)

assigning a value like

Splitter:=Splitter-10

will move it to the left (or up) and other objects will follow.

but OBJECT MOVE will be shifting its base, so it will not interact with other objects.

2017/05/30 23:49、Stephen J. Orth via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> のメール:

Either I’m having a brain-fart, or just not remembering correctly on this topic...

If I procedurally move a splitter, will the objects surrounding this splitter adjust accordingly? I'm looking for the same response that would occur if the mouse is used to move the splitter, except I want to do it procedurally.

Re: Procedural Splitter Movement

4D Tech mailing list
Wait a minute...

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 10:55 PM, Keisuke Miyako via 4D_Tech <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> say you have a splitter (which has a numeric data source)

​It does?​

assigning a value like
> Splitter:=Splitter-10
> will move it to the left (or up) and other objects will follow
> ​.​

​It will? That is fabulous. ​

​Is that documented and I just completely missed it? (Which is totally
possible as you all know.)​

And - does that work for any object?

> but OBJECT MOVE will be shifting its base, so it will not interact with
> other objects.
>
> 2017/05/30 23:49、Stephen J. Orth via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]<mailto:
> [hidden email]>> のメール:
>
> Either I’m having a brain-fart, or just not remembering correctly on this
> topic...
>
> If I procedurally move a splitter, will the objects surrounding this
> splitter adjust accordingly? I'm looking for the same response that would
> occur if the mouse is used to move the splitter, except I want to do it
> procedurally.

*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
nothing.*

*- Edmund Burke*

Re: Procedural Splitter Movement

4D Tech mailing list