RE: 4D Server Quits on Startup - Windows 2012 Server - Solved!

RE: 4D Server Quits on Startup - Windows 2012 Server - Solved!

Randy Engle
Thanks to all who contributed to this topic.

Solution was simple, once we found it.

Windows Firewall!

Needed to tell the firewall that the application exe was OK to run.

Haven't had to do this before on other systems.
But this machine needed this configuration.

Thanks again!

Randy Engle
XC2 Software LLC

RE: 4D Server Quits on Startup - Windows 2012 Server - Solved!

Timothy Penner
Hi Randy,

> Solution was simple, once we found it.
> Windows Firewall!
> Needed to tell the firewall that the application exe was OK to run.

Was the application actually crashing? I have never seen the Windows Firewall cause a crash... This is intriguing. Do you have any of the Event Viewer (events) from the crashes?

-Tim

RE: 4D Server Quits on Startup - Windows 2012 Server - Solved!

Randy Engle
Tim,

Forgot to check the event viewer.

4D Server would just crash.  No message.

Windows 2012 Server firewall seems to be creative.

Randy Engle
XC2 Software LLC

GET PRINT OPTION value2 typing

4D Tech mailing list
The compiler in v16 is complaining that the 3rd parameter in GET PRINT OPTION type is unknown.It can either be a longint or text value so how do you type the variable?

In my particular case the answer is easy as I am only using it to get the destination option so can type it as text. What do you do if you need to get the double sided option as well?

Re: GET PRINT OPTION value2 typing

4D Tech mailing list
I just answered my own question. Just use 2 different variables. Duhhh.

That being said, the compiler never complained before. Why now.

John

> On May 31, 2017, at 9:07 AM, John Baughman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The compiler in v16 is complaining that the 3rd parameter in GET PRINT OPTION type is unknown.It can either be a longint or text value so how do you type the variable?
>
> In my particular case the answer is easy as I am only using it to get the destination option so can type it as text. What do you do if you need to get the double sided option as well?

Printing ListBox that is longer than a single page

I want to print a form that contains a single listbox. How do I make the list box print beyond the first page? Works great if the list fits on a single page, but only prints the first page if it is longer.

I have the listbox fully inside the detail area and have tried using PRINT SELECTION and Print Form. There is a text variable that needs to print as well above the listbox.

Looks like I need to use Print Object but need an example of how/where to use it.

Thanks,

John

Re: Printing ListBox that is longer than a single page

4D Tech mailing list
OK. I got it working. Perhaps this might be of help to someone else in the future.

My list box is an array based list box which is being populated at print time. The listbox on load form event uses LISTBOX INSERT COLUMN and a few object commands to build the listbox with previously populated arrays. I got it to work with the following…

                                PRINT SETTINGS
                                $printed:=0
                                If (ok=1)
                                        OPEN PRINTING JOB
                                        If (ok=1)
                                                FORM LOAD([_Constants];"HouseCallsFirstNames.Print")

                                                Repeat
                                                        $end:=Print object(*;"HCFirstNameReport")

                                                        If (Not($end))
                                                                LISTBOX GET PRINT INFORMATION(*;"HCFirstNameReport";lk last printed row number;$printed)

                                                                If ($printed=42)
                                                                        PAGE BREAK

                                                Until ($end)

                                        End if

                                        CLOSE PRINTING JOB

                                End if

Note that for this to work the loading of the listbox has to be in the listbox on load event, not the forms on load event.

John

> On Jun 3, 2017, at 12:03 PM, John Baughman via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I want to print a form that contains a single listbox. How do I make the list box print beyond the first page? Works great if the list fits on a single page, but only prints the first page if it is longer.
>
> I have the listbox fully inside the detail area and have tried using PRINT SELECTION and Print Form. There is a text variable that needs to print as well above the listbox.
>
> Looks like I need to use Print Object but need an example of how/where to use it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

AW: Printing ListBox that is longer than a single page

Hi John,

The  component "FSTypeahead" contains a component "FSUty". This component contains a utility method called " Uty_PrintListBox".

This method prints the visible columns of a listbox using print object. It adapts the column width to the available space (horizontally) and does the necessary page breaks. The nice thing about doing it this way: its fully generic.

You can download it from here:

https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/s/B7C6589918CD438E95737E069CB5A0D4W

It's free and open source.

Best,

Olivier

Re: Printing ListBox that is longer than a single page

4D Tech mailing list
Oliver,

        Thanks for pointing me in your direction. Your FSUty utility component is a treasure trove of utilities.

        As for using Uty_PrintListBox, I’m not sure it will work in my particular case as the list box is built in the on load phase of the form while printing making creating  the print settings obj  difficult and I think may over complicate the process. Print Object works well in a repeat loop.

John