RE: Text fields when connecting .NET and 4D Server via 4D ODBC Dr iver

RE: Text fields when connecting .NET and 4D Server via 4D ODBC Dr iver

Hugo Fournier
Hello,

Furthermore, even if you own a license of 4D Server 2004, you cannot use
version 2004 of the ODBC driver in conjunction with a different version of
4D Server. That too would be a violation of the license agreement.

Best regards.

Hugo

Hugo Fournier - Technical Support Manager 4D, Inc.

4D, Inc.
Turbo Charge your development with the 4D 2004 Solution Accelerators
http://www.4d.com/products/solutionacc.html

Re: Text fields when connecting .NET and 4D Server via 4D ODBC Dr iver

Larry White, P.Eng.
Regardless of the license I am not sure how this is enforceable or even
viable.  If you ship a product that allows 4D Open access to 4D server and
the client who purchases the product downloads 4D ODBC driver (which will be
the 2004.4 driver since it is the one they will find) and uses it, how does
one control that?  And since 4D ODBC driver is free the last time I checked
what difference can it make....  Esp since the 4D ODBC driver consumes
server licenses in the same way as 4D Open...

Cheers,
--
Larry White, P.Eng.
President & Chief Engineer
>Pelican Engineering, Inc.
[hidden email]
www.pelicaneng.ca

On 7/11/06 9:15 PM, "Hugo Fournier" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Furthermore, even if you own a license of 4D Server 2004, you cannot use
> version 2004 of the ODBC driver in conjunction with a different version of
> 4D Server. That too would be a violation of the license agreement.
>
> Best regards.
>
> Hugo

<snip>