Re: 4D + SOAP question

David Adams-4
> Do you also know where I can find some example code for a SOAP
> request that returns a complex data type?
It doesn't. 4D 2004 supports DOC-style formatting of WSDLs and simple
data type, and arrays of simple data types. It does not automatically
create struct-like XML. Ultimately, there's no obvious native data
structure to bind to.

 David Adams
 [hidden email]
 Wallaga Lake 2546 NSW
Get under the hood... with 4D 2004's "How Do I?" examples.
http://www.4d.com/products/examples_underhood.html

4th Dimension Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  <http://www.4d.com/support/faqnug.html>
Archive:  <http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.inug-4d.tech>
Unsub:  mailto:  [hidden email]

Re: 4D + SOAP question

David Adams-4
> Thank you for clearing that up.
> This is exactly the part I'm trying to prevent :-)

It's not that bad! Check out the SDBC example from the 4D Web Services
Companion (4dpress.4d.com). It uses GET HTTP BODY and SEND HTTP RAW
DATA, exactly as Patrick suggests. The demonstration shows an ad-hoc
query editor built using SOAP for the communications exchange.

 David Adams
 [hidden email]
  Wallaga Lake 2546 NSW
Get under the hood... with 4D 2004's "How Do I?" examples.
http://www.4d.com/products/examples_underhood.html

4th Dimension Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  <http://www.4d.com/support/faqnug.html>
Archive:  <http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.inug-4d.tech>
Unsub:  mailto:  [hidden email]

Re: 4D + SOAP question

Rob Laveaux

On 12-jul-2006, at 0:19, David Adams wrote:

> It's not that bad! Check out the SDBC example from the 4D Web Services
> Companion (4dpress.4d.com). It uses GET HTTP BODY and SEND HTTP RAW
> DATA, exactly as Patrick suggests. The demonstration shows an ad-hoc
> query editor built using SOAP for the communications exchange.

Great! That is definitely something I could use.

I just ordered your book, but it will take some time before I have it.
For my prototype, I'll stick with what I know now.

- Rob Laveaux

Pluggers Software
Thijssestraat 203
2521 ZG  Den Haag