Re: Best solution for printing Enterable PDF docs from 4D v15 or

Re: Best solution for printing Enterable PDF docs from 4D v15 or

4D Tech mailing list
Hello,

we do exactly what you describe via xdp-files. That are pdf forms encapsulated in some xml. The forms are created with Adobe Acrobat and enhanced with Livecycle Designer. The pdf is then converted to Base64 and embedded in a xdp, wich is xml following some specs from adobe. From 4D we set the values of certain xml tags (via PROCESS 4D TAGS), which have the same names as the form fields of the pdf form. Adobe Acrobat Reader then feeds these values automatically into the corresponding form fields (upon opening the .xdp-file). The maybe changed form field values are then sent via email as xml file to 4D and imported back into the database records. For linking with the original records we have xml tags containig the primary keys.

HTH
Ingo Wolf

--
ViELMAC Ingo Wolf