Re: Button Grid

Ed Glassgow
Thanks Jeremy...

Ed

Jeremy Sullivan wrote:
> The Loan Tool Tech Note uses a button grid:
> <http://www.4d.com/knowledgebase?CaseID=16395>
>
> Basically a button grid just sets its variable to the button number
> that has been clicked. So if the user clicks the third item the button
> variable would be equal to 3.
>
> Regards,
> Jeremy

Get under the hood... with 4D 2004's "How Do I?" examples.
http://www.4d.com/products/examples_underhood.html

4th Dimension Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  <http://www.4d.com/support/faqnug.html>
Archive:  <http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.inug-4d.tech>
Unsub:  mailto:  [hidden email]

Re: Button Grid

Ed Glassgow
Hi again Jeremy,

I have a couple of questions, after looking at the example...

1)  How to you set the button text?

2)  Can you programatically change the button text?

Thanks!

Ed Glassgow
[hidden email]

> Jeremy Sullivan wrote:
>> The Loan Tool Tech Note uses a button grid:
>> <http://www.4d.com/knowledgebase?CaseID=16395>
>>
>> Basically a button grid just sets its variable to the button number
>> that has been clicked. So if the user clicks the third item the
>> button variable would be equal to 3.

Get under the hood... with 4D 2004's "How Do I?" examples.
http://www.4d.com/products/examples_underhood.html

4th Dimension Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  <http://www.4d.com/support/faqnug.html>
Archive:  <http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.inug-4d.tech>
Unsub:  mailto:  [hidden email]

Re: Button Grid

Ed Glassgow
Never mind!  I see that the buttons are transparent and that the text is
just text beneath!

Ed