Re: Code runner

George Tiller
On 7/11/06 5:07 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

>FWIW, Footprints is still around, still alive and kicking, and
>FootRunner (now at v5.0.4) is still supported should there be any
>show-stopping problems anyone encounters. Heck, we *still* depend on
>it for all of our clients' custom software projects. :-)

I've used FootRunner successfully in at least one project.

I've also used "ExecuteIt", which is a 4D code library (I have forgotten
where I obtained it originally.), in several applications, and it has
also been very satisfactory.

George Tiller
911 East A Street
Brunswick, Maryland 21716

Get under the hood... with 4D 2004's "How Do I?" examples.
http://www.4d.com/products/examples_underhood.html

4th Dimension Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  <http://www.4d.com/support/faqnug.html>
Archive:  <http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.inug-4d.tech>
Unsub:  mailto:  [hidden email]

Re: Code runner

Balinder Walia
Thanks George - ExecuteIt looks very interesting to me and relevant to what
I am doing!

On 7/11/06, George Tiller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >FWIW, Footprints is still around, still alive and kicking, and
> >FootRunner (now at v5.0.4) is still supported should there be any
> >show-stopping problems anyone encounters. Heck, we *still* depend on
> >it for all of our clients' custom software projects. :-)
>
> I've used FootRunner successfully in at least one project.
>
> I've also used "ExecuteIt", which is a 4D code library (I have forgotten
> where I obtained it originally.), in several applications, and it has
> also been very satisfactory.
>

> George Tiller
> 911 East A Street
> Brunswick, Maryland 21716
> 301-834-8170

> Get under the hood... with 4D 2004's "How Do I?" examples.
> http://www.4d.com/products/examples_underhood.html
>
> 4th Dimension Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
> FAQ:  <http://www.4d.com/support/faqnug.html>
> Archive:  <http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.inug-4d.tech>
> Unsub:  mailto:  [hidden email]

------------------------
Best Regards

Balinder Singh Walia
Open Source Internet Developer
M: 07944239545
E: [hidden email]
W: http://balinderwalia.com

This email and any attached files are confidential and intended only for
the addressee. It may contain confidential and privileged material. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or reliance upon it, or use of this
information by other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have
received this email in error please contact the sender and delete it. Thank
you.
Get under the hood... with 4D 2004's "How Do I?" examples.
http://www.4d.com/products/examples_underhood.html

4th Dimension Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  <http://www.4d.com/support/faqnug.html>
Archive:  <http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.inug-4d.tech>
Unsub:  mailto:  [hidden email]

Re: Code runner

mikey-2
ExecuteIt was developed by Nuggers, and for a little while anyway was
sort-of an open-source project.  If memory serves me right, at least
one version of ExecuteIt's source is in NUG archives.

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."
Learn by example. Download free 4D 2004 example applications today!
http://www.4d.com/2004/examples.html

4th Dimension Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  <http://www.4d.com/support/faqnug.html>
Archive:  <http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.inug-4d.tech>
Unsub:  mailto:  [hidden email]

Re: Code runner

Silvester Kok
http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~nd/4d/Script.html

On Jul 12, 2006, at 6:59 PM, Balinder Walia wrote:

> Googling "4d ExecuteIt" got me to the right page...
> Learn by example. Download free 4D 2004 example applications today!
> http://www.4d.com/2004/examples.html
>
> 4th Dimension Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
> FAQ:  <http://www.4d.com/support/faqnug.html>
> Archive:  <http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.inug-4d.tech>
> Unsub:  mailto:  [hidden email]

ROSE Development
Silvester Kok

ROSE Development
Dirk Altalaan 8
8881 EV Terschelling-West
The Netherlands
Tel:  (+31) 562-442-729
Mobile:  (+31) 653-182-418

Learn by example. Download free 4D 2004 example applications today!
http://www.4d.com/2004/examples.html

4th Dimension Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  <http://www.4d.com/support/faqnug.html>
Archive:  <http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.inug-4d.tech>
Unsub:  mailto:  [hidden email]

Re: Code runner

Balinder Walia
Strange! The sample code which I created with Code runner (also shipped with
it) seems to running fine as expected with Code runner, but it has a
different result with ExecuteIt. Although the principle seems to be the same
as Code runnner...Any one using ExecuteIt try it and verify if the code
works as expected or not???

Balinder

On 7/12/06 1:26 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

>Strange! The sample code which I created with Code runner (also shipped with
>it) seems to running fine as expected with Code runner, but it has a
>different result with ExecuteIt. Although the principle seems to be the same
>as Code runnner...Any one using ExecuteIt try it and verify if the code
>works as expected or not???

Mine always has, but I've never used it to run very complex code. I've
always tried to simplify what I run with 4D's Execute command, too.

Have you compared each of the ones above to having 4D run the code in a
method?

George Tiller
911 East A Street
Brunswick, Maryland 21716

Learn by example. Download free 4D 2004 example applications today!
http://www.4d.com/2004/examples.html

4th Dimension Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  <http://www.4d.com/support/faqnug.html>
Archive:  <http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.inug-4d.tech>
Unsub:  mailto:  [hidden email]

Re: Code runner

Balinder Walia

Yes I have run the same code in a method using 4D itself.
Code runner's result is same as if the same code was run as a method in 4D.
But ExecuteIt seems to be either too fast to read what is going on or not
working as expected...Will debug it

BW