Re: Exodus utilities live?

4D Tech mailing list
Hi David,

Thanks for asking about my old components - good timing. All my components
(including ones never for sale) are v16 ready, and I've been looking to
upload them as open source once I figured out the right repository. Most
have been kept up to date & debugged, although Freedom of Choice (my
displayList replacement) is long in the tooth and needs to be updated to
use list boxes.

Any thoughts on the right place to have these so the 4D community can best
access them. Looking at GitHub but haven't quite figured it out yet - seems
better for raw code as text rather than 4D packages

Bob Finnerty

--
Bob Finnerty
*Exodus Software*

Re: Exodus utilities live?

4D Tech mailing list
Hi;

I vote for Github. Keisuke Miyako has made it work for him.

And, thanks for looking for ways to share code.

On Jun 3, 2017, at 9:08 AM, Bob Finnerty via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Thanks for asking about my old components - good timing. All my components
> (including ones never for sale) are v16 ready, and I've been looking to
> upload them as open source once I figured out the right repository. Most
> have been kept up to date & debugged, although Freedom of Choice (my
> displayList replacement) is long in the tooth and needs to be updated to
> use list boxes.
>
> Any thoughts on the right place to have these so the 4D community can best
> access them. Looking at GitHub but haven't quite figured it out yet - seems
> better for raw code as text rather than 4D packages
>
> Bob Finnerty
>

> On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 2:19 PM, David Eddy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Dr Finnerty -
>>
>> I happily bought & used your Exodus utilities back with 4D v2004.  I would
>> love to use them again.  Certainly willing to pay for a current license.
>>
>> By chance have you been able to modernize them for 4D v16?
>>
>> ____________________________
>> David Eddy
>> Babson Park, MA
>>
>> W: 781-455-0949
>>
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> 4D Partner

Re: Exodus utilities live?

I suggest github as well. Like Lee said you can look at Miyako's account
and see how to do it.

On Sat, Jun 3, 2017 at 10:08 AM, Bob Finnerty via 4D_Tech <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Thanks for asking about my old components - good timing. All my components
> (including ones never for sale) are v16 ready, and I've been looking to
> upload them as open source once I figured out the right repository. Most
> have been kept up to date & debugged, although Freedom of Choice (my
> displayList replacement) is long in the tooth and needs to be updated to
> use list boxes.
>
> Any thoughts on the right place to have these so the 4D community can best
> access them. Looking at GitHub but haven't quite figured it out yet - seems
> better for raw code as text rather than 4D packages
>
> Bob Finnerty
>

> On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 2:19 PM, David Eddy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Dr Finnerty -
> >
> > I happily bought & used your Exodus utilities back with 4D v2004.  I
> would
> > love to use them again.  Certainly willing to pay for a current license.
> >
> > By chance have you been able to modernize them for 4D v16?
> >
> > ____________________________
> > David Eddy
> > Babson Park, MA
> >
> > W: 781-455-0949
> >
> > [hidden email]
> >
> > 4D Partner
>

> --
> Bob Finnerty
> *Exodus Software*

*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
nothing.*

*- Edmund Burke*