Re: For those using Javascript

As Julio mentioned, Kendo UI has very fast, very well thought out grid tools. I’ve worked with them for a few years now.

The recommendation I would add is to not choose a grid separately, but rather to choose a complete UI toolkit. It is not ideal to have separate frameworks for various widgets. It is too much to manage and learn, and it is harder to provide a consistent look and coding style.

I chose Kendo’s complete UI framework, not just its grid.

Tom DeMeo

RE: For those using JavaScript

4D Tech mailing list
I completely agree with Tom on this.  We have decided to use Angular Material for all our projects.

In the past we have used Kendo Grid and it is a very complete tool.

Best,

Steve

  Stephen J. Orth
  The Aquila Group, Inc.          Office:  (608) 834-9213
  P.O. Box 690                           Mobile:  (608) 347-6447
  Sun Prairie, WI 53590

  E-Mail:  [hidden email]

Re: For those using JavaScript

4D Tech mailing list
I have a quick question, When refereeing to a grid are you referring to a speardsheet like tool or are you looking for a simple grid similar to what you would have used tables for in the 90’s If all you want is a HTML grid that can be defines any not just use CSS Grids. Its much simpler than many grid toolsets and much smaller. If you using angular then definitely use CSS grids for your layout.

> On Jan 17, 2020, at 3:47 PM, Stephen J. Orth via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I completely agree with Tom on this.  We have decided to use Angular Material for all our projects.
>
> In the past we have used Kendo Grid and it is a very complete tool.
>
> Best,
>
> Steve

>  Stephen J. Orth
>  The Aquila Group, Inc.          Office:  (608) 834-9213
>  P.O. Box 690                           Mobile:  (608) 347-6447
>  Sun Prairie, WI 53590
>
>  E-Mail:  [hidden email]

Eric,

From our perspective we are looking for a grid tool that mimic's ALP, so simply CSS grids won't cut it.

Best,

Steve

I have a quick question, When refereeing to a grid are you referring to a speardsheet like tool or are you looking for a simple grid similar to what you would have used tables for in the 90’s If all you want is a HTML grid that can be defines any not just use CSS Grids. Its much simpler than many grid toolsets and much smaller. If you using angular then definitely use CSS grids for your layout.

> On Jan 17, 2020, at 3:47 PM, Stephen J. Orth via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I completely agree with Tom on this.  We have decided to use Angular Material for all our projects.
>
> In the past we have used Kendo Grid and it is a very complete tool.
>
> Best,
>
> Steve

>  Stephen J. Orth
>  The Aquila Group, Inc.          Office:  (608) 834-9213
>  P.O. Box 690                           Mobile:  (608) 347-6447
>  Sun Prairie, WI 53590
>
>  E-Mail:  [hidden email]

Re: For those using JavaScript

4D Tech mailing list