Re: Importing scanned documents

Jim Newhouse
Kevin,

We have a program that does just that with student tests.  We scan tests using OMR scanners (Scantron or NCS), that data is scanned into a txt document, then that data is imported into the 4D database.

Jim

>>> [hidden email] 07/11/06 08:07AM >>>
Question for the List.......

We have developed a 'Transcript Evaluation' database for tracking student
progress through their academic program, and currently the student data is
entered manually into the database. I am wondering if there is a 'method' in
4D that would allow for a scanned document to be entered into the student's
record?

On 7/11/06 8:26 AM, "Del Sauder" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Browsing comments about locking records seem to address mostly how to make
> records ³read only².
> My need is to allow 2nd user to ³read only² when the 1st person is already
> in Modify Record mode.
> He now gets the ³Record is in Use² dialog box and can¹t even look at the
> record.
>      Would it work just to check if locked, and then use Display Record for
> subsequent lookers ? Or
> What is best approach to allow others to look when someone is in
> modification mode ?

Kevin C. Carroll
Systems Administrator

Wayne State University