Re: ObjectTools error -9939 under 4D 2004 Engine

Re: ObjectTools error -9939 under 4D 2004 Engine

truegold
Hi All,

I wanted to thank all of those who helped try to resolve this issue. A special thanks goes out to Lahav, Cannon, and Koen, and 4D - which actually resolved it for me! That's where the Partner program really comes in handly!!!

As it turns out it had nothing to do with the plugins. It had to do with a routine that retrieved version information from the resource file. Turns out that the path to the file - which I was dynamically creating - was not correct for the engine setup - but was correct for source and compiled.

It was such a bad error that it resulted in a crash and I guess, in 4D's (or the OS) attempt to display the error it showed spurious info that was not related to the actual problem. Thus I was actually going in the wrong direction.

Anyway, I will keep this in mind for future reference. Again, just like in life, what you're seeing is not necessarily what you are seeing.

JOhn...

   John Foster                                  Eternity Software
                                                425-486-1622

         http://www.johnjfoster.com/ES_Products.html

Get under the hood... with 4D 2004's "How Do I?" examples.
http://www.4d.com/products/examples_underhood.html

4th Dimension Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  <http://www.4d.com/support/faqnug.html>
Archive:  <http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.inug-4d.tech>
Unsub:  mailto:  [hidden email]