Resetting The Explorer Window - Tip

4D Tech mailing list
Hi All,

Here's a quick tip if you suddenly loose the buttons at the bottom of
your Explorer window, as I did this afternoon -- I couldn't view method
Comments  (no Preview/Comments button), nor could I Add [+] or Delete
[-] methods etc -- those options were just not available to me.

What to do when your development environment goes belly up... and when a
computer restart, software restart, and software reinstall don't solve
the problem....?

1. Close the Explorer window

2. Hold the Shift key down, and

3. Select the menu item:   Design >  Explorer >  Methods

This has the effect of 'resetting' the size and location of the Explorer
window, and thankfully, making the buttons at the bottom of the screen
'magically' reappear.

Spent over half an hour trying to find any info about this, and trying
to work out where my buttons and options had disappeared to.  Found the
solution above by luck, although you could say it was found because of
nearly thirty years of experience.... ;-)

Hope this helps someone else sometime.  Still don't know where my
buttons went, or why....

Cheers,
Allan Udy

Golden Micro Solutions Ltd, Blenheim, New Zealand
http://www.golden.co.nz<http://www.golden.co.nz>

Cheers,
Allan Udy

Golden Micro Solutions Ltd, Blenheim, New Zealand
http://www.golden.co.nz<http://www.golden.co.nz>

Re: Resetting The Explorer Window - Tip

4D Tech mailing list
Allan, thanks for the tip. It helped me. Ken

On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 11:32 PM, Allan Udy via 4D_Tech <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Here's a quick tip if you suddenly loose the buttons at the bottom of your
> Explorer window, as I did this afternoon -- I couldn't view method
> Comments  (no Preview/Comments button), nor could I Add [+] or Delete [-]
> methods etc -- those options were just not available to me.
>
> What to do when your development environment goes belly up... and when a
> computer restart, software restart, and software reinstall don't solve the
> problem....?
>
> 1. Close the Explorer window
>
> 2. Hold the Shift key down, and
>
> 3. Select the menu item:   Design >  Explorer >  Methods
>
> This has the effect of 'resetting' the size and location of the Explorer
> window, and thankfully, making the buttons at the bottom of the screen
> 'magically' reappear.
>
> Spent over half an hour trying to find any info about this, and trying to
> work out where my buttons and options had disappeared to.  Found the
> solution above by luck, although you could say it was found because of
> nearly thirty years of experience.... ;-)
>
> Hope this helps someone else sometime.  Still don't know where my buttons
> went, or why....
>
> Cheers,
> Allan Udy
>
> Golden Micro Solutions Ltd, Blenheim, New Zealand
> http://www.golden.co.nz<http://www.golden.co.nz>
>

> Cheers,
> Allan Udy
>
> Golden Micro Solutions Ltd, Blenheim, New Zealand
> http://www.golden.co.nz<http://www.golden.co.nz>

Re: Resetting The Explorer Window - Tip

Allan:

Thank you for passing this along.

It's very helpful.

--
Douglas von Roeder
949-336-2902

On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 8:32 PM, Allan Udy via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Here's a quick tip if you suddenly loose the buttons at the bottom of your
> Explorer window, as I did this afternoon -- I couldn't view method
> Comments  (no Preview/Comments button), nor could I Add [+] or Delete [-]
> methods etc -- those options were just not available to me.
>
> What to do when your development environment goes belly up... and when a
> computer restart, software restart, and software reinstall don't solve the
> problem....?
>
> 1. Close the Explorer window
>
> 2. Hold the Shift key down, and
>
> 3. Select the menu item:   Design >  Explorer >  Methods
>
> This has the effect of 'resetting' the size and location of the Explorer
> window, and thankfully, making the buttons at the bottom of the screen
> 'magically' reappear.
>
> Spent over half an hour trying to find any info about this, and trying to
> work out where my buttons and options had disappeared to.  Found the
> solution above by luck, although you could say it was found because of
> nearly thirty years of experience.... ;-)
>
> Hope this helps someone else sometime.  Still don't know where my buttons
> went, or why....
>
> Cheers,
> Allan Udy
>
> Golden Micro Solutions Ltd, Blenheim, New Zealand
> http://www.golden.co.nz<http://www.golden.co.nz>
>

> Cheers,
> Allan Udy
>
> Golden Micro Solutions Ltd, Blenheim, New Zealand
> http://www.golden.co.nz<http://www.golden.co.nz>

Re: Resetting The Explorer Window - Tip

4D Tech mailing list
Thanks Allan

You are a wizard!

How on earth one is supposed to know this?

:-)

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 2:20 AM, Douglas von Roeder via 4D_Tech <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Allan:
>
> Thank you for passing this along.
>
> It's very helpful.
>
> --
> Douglas von Roeder
> 949-336-2902
>
> On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 8:32 PM, Allan Udy via 4D_Tech <
> [hidden email]
> > wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Here's a quick tip if you suddenly loose the buttons at the bottom of
> your
> > Explorer window, as I did this afternoon -- I couldn't view method
> > Comments  (no Preview/Comments button), nor could I Add [+] or Delete [-]
> > methods etc -- those options were just not available to me.
> >
> > What to do when your development environment goes belly up... and when a
> > computer restart, software restart, and software reinstall don't solve
> the
> > problem....?
> >
> > 1. Close the Explorer window
> >
> > 2. Hold the Shift key down, and
> >
> > 3. Select the menu item:   Design >  Explorer >  Methods
> >
> > This has the effect of 'resetting' the size and location of the Explorer
> > window, and thankfully, making the buttons at the bottom of the screen
> > 'magically' reappear.
> >
> > Spent over half an hour trying to find any info about this, and trying to
> > work out where my buttons and options had disappeared to.  Found the
> > solution above by luck, although you could say it was found because of
> > nearly thirty years of experience.... ;-)
> >
> > Hope this helps someone else sometime.  Still don't know where my buttons
> > went, or why....
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Allan Udy
> >
> > Golden Micro Solutions Ltd, Blenheim, New Zealand
> > http://www.golden.co.nz<http://www.golden.co.nz>
> >

> > Cheers,
> > Allan Udy
> >
> > Golden Micro Solutions Ltd, Blenheim, New Zealand
> > http://www.golden.co.nz<http://www.golden.co.nz>

> > 4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
> > FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
> > Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
> > Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"There must be ingenuity as well as intention, strategy as well as
strength. "