So about that Geneva font...

4D Tech mailing list
I remember reading in 4D's release notes a long time ago that old Macintosh QuickDraw fonts like Geneva would no longer work once 4D made the transition to 64-bit mode.

Something seems to have changed. Geneva works in all 64-bit apps including TextEdit, Word, and 4D. Did Apple come out with a new non-QuickDraw version of Geneva?

RE: So about that Geneva font...

4D Tech mailing list
Hi Jeff,

The 4D documentation for "Deprecated and Removed Features" says the following:
{
Mac OS QuickDraw fonts no longer supported
QuickDraw fonts (e.g. Geneva, Chicago) are now deprecated and you should no longer use ID numbers to designate fonts. The _o_Font number and _o_Font name commands are kept in 4D v15 and higher for compatibility but will be removed in subsequent versions. The OBJECT SET FONT command now only accepts font names.
}
v15: http://livedoc.4d.com/4Dv15/help/Title/en/page3607.html#2291268
v16R3: http://livedoc.4d.com/4Dv16-R3/help/Title/en/page3607.html#2291268

I don’t think it means you cannot use Geneva, just you shouldn't use the Font ID or these commands,
Font Number: http://livedoc.4d.com/4Dv16-R3/help/Command/en/page461.html
Font Name: http://livedoc.4d.com/4Dv16-R3/help/Command/en/page462.html
Moving forward OBJECT SET FONT command now only accepts font names.

Kind Regards,

Tim PENNER

Re: So about that Geneva font...

4D Tech mailing list
Definitely good to know. Not having to deal with Geneva (yet) saved us a huge amount of time in this old application that pre-dates style sheets in its oldest parts.