Spooling Message in v13 Windows

bob.miller
Hi All,

I've noticed a new thing with v13 (Windows) when printing.  I have a
routine that prints using PRINT FORM.  v13 introduces a new modal dialog
that says, "Sending <filename> to print spooler", which I suppose is a
user-friendly way to indicate that something is happening.

The problem is, it is modal, so you have to dismiss it if you are in the
debugger.  There's a 'Cancel' button and a close box on the dialog.  I
click the close box (I don't want to cancel), but this also somehow
cancels the print job, effectively preventing you from using the debugger
in a print routine (if you want it to print).

Has anyone figured out a way to turn off this dialog?

Many thanks,

Bob Miller
Chomerics, a division of Parker Hannifin Corporation

"PLEASE NOTE: The preceding information may be confidential or
privileged. It only should be used or disseminated for the purpose
of conducting business with Parker. If you are not an intended
recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and
then delete the information from your system. Thank you for your
cooperation."

4D v13 is available now - with more than 200 new features to make
your applications richer and faster
http://www.4d.com/products/new.html

Re: Spooling Message in v13 Windows

Jeffrey Kain
Just enable the pref to display printing progress.

On Feb 11, 2014, at 10:29 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've noticed a new thing with v13 (Windows) when printing.  I have a
> routine that prints using PRINT FORM.  v13 introduces a new modal dialog
> that says, "Sending <filename> to print spooler", which I suppose is a
> user-friendly way to indicate that something is happening.

4D v13 is available now - with more than 200 new features to make
your applications richer and faster
http://www.4d.com/products/new.html

Re: Spooling Message in v13 Windows

Koen Van Hooreweghe
Bob,

Have you tried: SET PRINT OPTION(Hide printing progress option;1)

HTH
Koen

Op 11-feb-14, om 16:29 heeft [hidden email] het volgende
geschreven: