TEXT TO ARRAY won't break solid text

4D Tech mailing list
Don Lapin:

> Does anyone know how to measure the size of an unbroken text string, in a particular font, size, etc, such as --
>
> But because TEXT TO ARRAY doesn't work on the codes, I get --

I think this was one of the reasons I still use hmFree <https://www.hmplugins.com/en/hmFree/Features-134.html>

Greetings from Germany,
Bernd Fröhlich

Re: TEXT TO ARRAY won't break solid text

4D Tech mailing list
Hi Bernd,

I got an email back from 4D support; the contact thinks that there is a bug in that command, and filed ACI0096891. But of course I don't know if they are going to fix it in v14.

I'm waiting on hmplugins to send a license number for hmFree...would like to use the command that returns text length (I'm guessing it's in pixels).

Thanks,
Don

>Don Lapin:
>
>> Does anyone know how to measure the size of an unbroken text string,
>in a particular font, size, etc, such as --
>>
>> But because TEXT TO ARRAY doesn't work on the codes, I get --
>

>I think this was one of the reasons I still use hmFree <https://
>www.hmplugins.com/en/hmFree/Features-134.html>
>
>Greetings from Germany,
>Bernd Fröhlich
>4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
>FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
>Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
>Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]

Re: TEXT TO ARRAY won't break solid text

4D Tech mailing list

> Le 1 juin 2017 à 13:09, Don Lapin via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi Bernd,
>
> I got an email back from 4D support; the contact thinks that there is a bug in that command, and filed ACI0096891. But of course I don't know if they are going to fix it in v14.
>
> I'm waiting on hmplugins to send a license number for hmFree...would like to use the command that returns text length (I'm guessing it's in pixels).

Vincent de Lachaux wrote a "text to array" using SVG, it is somewhere in SVG demo. There's also a "formatted string length" in it, AFAICR.