[Tip] Do NOT put a compnent method reference in a Catch

[Tip] Do NOT put a compnent method reference in a Catch

4D Tech mailing list
As some may remember I was going nuts trying to track down why when I
loaded an interpreted version of a component 4D would error on startup
with a stack overflow error.

Thanks to 4D tech support, the problem was discovered.

I had placed a Catch (Runtime explorer -> Catch) which referenced a
component method's return value, apparently, 4D did not like that AT.
ALL.

v15 gave a dialog - before any code could run with a stack overflow
error.
v16 just crashed silently to the desktop.

so... don't do that  :)

Chip
We have done so much, with so little, for so long;
We are now qualified to anything with nothing <sigh>
  - unknown

Re: [Tip] Do NOT put a compnent method reference in a Catch

4D Tech mailing list
Chip:

Thanks for updating us. The found problem and solution is always valuable be get.

Jody