Understanding 4D Server - Processes Tab - Web Process

Understanding 4D Server - Processes Tab - Web Process

4D Tech mailing list
4D Server Processes Tab

I'm seeing lots of "Web Process" processes listed.  (80+) - State - "Waiting for Event"
I know that there is not that many people on the web to this app.

What makes these processes disappear?  (Besides killing 4D Server)
Is it OK that there's lots of these.... seems not if they are not in use.

Gracious Thanks to all!

Randy Engle
XC2 Software LLC – XC2LIVE!

RE: Understanding 4D Server - Processes Tab - Web Process

4D Tech mailing list
Hi Randy,

> I'm seeing lots of "Web Process" processes listed.  (80+) - State - "Waiting for Event"
> I know that there is not that many people on the web to this app.
> What makes these processes disappear?  (Besides killing 4D Server) Is it OK that there's lots of these.... seems not if they are not in use.

Check the Database Settings, Web, Options (I):
If you are using "Automatic Session Management" then they should go away once the "Inactive Process Timeout" has elapsed.
You can limit the number of these processes by setting a value in the "Maximum Concurrent Web Processes" setting.

-Tim