Undroppable Fantom Users in 4D v16.2 Server Mac

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Undroppable Fantom Users in 4D v16.2 Server Mac

4D Tech mailing list
Aloha,

I’m getting users logged in twice to 4D Server 16.2 Mac. One of the duplicate is stuck for days. A manual “Drop User” doesn’t do anything. The only choice is to quit and restart 4D Server.

This is becoming a pain as we run out of licenses with stuck users!

Anyone run into this?

Clients are all on a mac, all but me are running the 32-bit client. I’ve been using the 64-bit client exclusively and also have a duplicate of me that’s un-droppable.

Clicking on “Watch Process” on one of these takes me to a 1 process:
Application process - 4D Client Process
State: Postponed

Tech support is my next option.

Sannyasin Siddhanathaswami
**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Undroppable Fantom Users in 4D v16.2 Server Mac

4D Tech mailing list
> I’m getting users logged in twice to 4D Server 16.2 Mac. One of the duplicate is stuck for days.
> A manual “Drop User” doesn’t do anything. The only choice is to quit and restart 4D Server.

Try running legacy network if you are not doing that already. We saw this problem when running with the new network layer.

Neil






--

Privacy Disclaimer: This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the named addressee. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Please delete this email from your system and notify the sender immediately by replying to this email.  If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

The Alternative Investments division of UMB Fund Services provides a full range of services to hedge funds, funds of funds and private equity funds.  Any tax advice in this communication is not intended to be used, and cannot be used, by a client or any other person or entity for the purpose of (a) avoiding penalties that may be imposed on any taxpayer or (b) promoting, marketing, or recommending to another party any matter addressed herein.
**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Undroppable Fantom Users in 4D v16.2 Server Mac

4D Tech mailing list
Have you tried a build above 216021 ?

http://bugs.4d.fr/fixedbugslist?branch=16
21602126/09/2017ACI0097341Ghost connection left on server after canceling from User Identification (login dialog) window.

-Tim



**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Undroppable Fantom Users in 4D v16.2 Server Mac

4D Tech mailing list
In reply to this post by 4D Tech mailing list
Late to the party, but I’m seeing this on v16.2 (Mac Server 64 bit, new network layer) as well.

Tony Pollard
Another Dimension Ltd


> On 3 Oct 2017, at 9:02 pm, Dennis, Neil via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I’m getting users logged in twice to 4D Server 16.2 Mac. One of the duplicate is stuck for days.
>> A manual “Drop User” doesn’t do anything. The only choice is to quit and restart 4D Server.
>
> Try running legacy network if you are not doing that already. We saw this problem when running with the new network layer.
>
> Neil
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
>
> Privacy Disclaimer: This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the named addressee. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Please delete this email from your system and notify the sender immediately by replying to this email.  If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.
>
> The Alternative Investments division of UMB Fund Services provides a full range of services to hedge funds, funds of funds and private equity funds.  Any tax advice in this communication is not intended to be used, and cannot be used, by a client or any other person or entity for the purpose of (a) avoiding penalties that may be imposed on any taxpayer or (b) promoting, marketing, or recommending to another party any matter addressed herein.
> **********************************************************************
> 4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
> FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
> Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
> Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
> Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
> **********************************************************************

**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Undroppable Fantom Users in 4D v16.2 Server Mac

4D Tech mailing list
a couple of improvements have been made in 16.2 Hotfix 1,
in particular,

1. you can now drop phantom users from the server admin window (if that ever happens)
2. cancelling or failing the login dialog, or halting and resuming it at a different network endpoint no longer creates a phantom user

c.f.

ACI0097257
ACI0097341
ACI0097353

http://bugs.4d.fr/fixedbugslist?version=16.2_HF1

> 2017/11/14 1:18、Tony Pollard via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> のメール:
> Late to the party, but I’m seeing this on v16.2 (Mac Server 64 bit, new network layer) as well.




**********************************************************************
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Options: http://lists.4d.com/mailman/options/4d_tech
Unsub:  mailto:[hidden email]
**********************************************************************