V18 Closing Method windows and Form windows when switching modes...

V18 Closing Method windows and Form windows when switching modes...

4D Tech mailing list
When going from Design Mode to Test Application and back, v18 is closing any open Method windows and Form windows that were open in Design Mode.

It’s driving me nuts. Is there a fix ,or am I missing something with this new behavior?

TIA,

Lloyd

New Forum: https://discuss.4D.com

Re: V18 Closing Method windows and Form windows when switching modes...

4D Tech mailing list
Hi Lloyd,

How do you make the switch? Is the alt-key involved somewhere in the process? Then that may be the culprit.

HTH
Koen

> Op 17 sep. 2020, om 06:08 heeft Lloyd SIgler via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:
>
> When going from Design Mode to Test Application and back, v18 is closing any open Method windows and Form windows that were open in Design Mode.
>
> It’s driving me nuts. Is there a fix ,or am I missing something with this new behavior?

--------------------
Compass bv
Koen Van Hooreweghe
Kloosterstraat 65
9910 Aalter
Belgium
tel +32 495 511.653

New Forum: https://discuss.4D.com

Re: V18 Closing Method windows and Form windows when switching modes...

Hi Loyd,

Driving you nuts? You can regain your sanity.

Use the 4D Application preference (not Database Preference) to ***close all Design windows*** when switching to the Application Environment.

The window closing preference in under:
1) the Application menu (ie, "4D” menu) for macOS.
2) the Edit menu for windowsOS.

Select the "General" tab.

Check-mark "Exit Design when going to Application Environment."

When check-marked, all Design windows will automatically close.

When you return to the Design Environment, only the "Explorer" window will open.

Documentation at:
https://doc.4d.com/4Dv18R3/4D/18-R3/General-Page.300-4919334.en.html#105179 <https://doc.4d.com/4Dv18R3/4D/18-R3/General-Page.300-4919334.en.html#105179>

Also, have you looked at the new 4D Forum?

It’s much easier to read and post.

See: https://discuss.4d.com

TIA,

Jeremy

> On Sep 17, 2020, at 12:08 AM, Lloyd SIgler via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> v18 is closing any open Method windows and Form windows that were open in Design Mode.
>
> It’s driving me nuts.

New Forum: https://discuss.4D.com

Re: V18 Closing Method windows and Form windows when switching modes...

4D Tech mailing list
Thanks all…

Jeremy, that does the trick. Somehow when installing v18 on my MacBook it got checked ‘on’. Thanks!

On the new 4D Forum:

I have checked it out. Personally, I like the way the this forum works. I guess I’m turning into a Luddite. But I like the 'background' aspect of the way it works, it just transparently goes to its own folder in my email and I can call it up any time to search in it or ask a question, I don’t need to do anything or log in anywhere, it's all just there waiting if I need it.

I go way back to version 1 of 4D, (so I guess I do qualify as a Luddite!) but today I mostly write code to relax and to keep our own system (that dates back as far) running with system updates and functional changes and tweaks. I haven’t been very active on the forum for years, but I love seeing all the old familiar names posting here. This is such a great group of people who are always ready and willing to answer questions and help out.

Lloyd