WEB SEND FILE - Duplicate HTML

4D Tech mailing list
I know I’ve seen this before but I can’t remember how I resolved it. When I send a file out using WEB SEND FILE command, the page comes out as intended, but part of the HTML file gets duplicated and added on to the end. So I get the page and then a lower section of the same page added on.

Am I hitting a page size limit? Is there still a 32K limit to 4D pages getting served up with 4D tags?

Anyone else experience this? Know how to resolve it?

Thanks!

Matthew Bollwitt - [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
Camp Courageous - http://www.campcourageous.org <http://www.campcourageous.org/>
 <https://www.facebook.com/pages/Camp-Courageous/179340265430701>  <http://twitter.com/campcourageous>  <http://www.youtube.com/ccoiowa>  <http://www.flickr.com/photos/campcourageous/>

Re: WEB SEND FILE - Duplicate HTML

4D Tech mailing list

> On Aug 9, 2017, at 2:10 PM, Matthew Bollwitt via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I know I’ve seen this before but I can’t remember how I resolved it. When I send a file out using WEB SEND FILE command, the page comes out as intended, but part of the HTML file gets duplicated and added on to the end. So I get the page and then a lower section of the same page added on.
>
> Am I hitting a page size limit? Is there still a 32K limit to 4D pages getting served up with 4D tags?
>
> Anyone else experience this? Know how to resolve it?
>
> Thanks!

I had a situation like this and Kirk Brooks kindly gave me a second pair of eyes to figure it out.  This may not be your cause, but I had a similar outcome.

In my case I had a method that both calculated some values and returned a page. I was calling that routine as part of a parent routine that just wanted the value calculation part (bad code design.). 4D, more or less, honors the final Web Send File, so I mostly saw the page I wanted but that call in the middle mucked things up.

So, the point is, do you have something calling Web Send File in the middle of the parent routine that’s sending the page you want to see?