Zip Code API sites - Follow up

4D Tech mailing list
Should someone in the future be looking for a Zip Code lookup api, here is what I found…

https://www.zipcodeapi.com
        Includes… City, State Abbreviation, Time Zone, Daylight Savings, Latitude, Longitude. (US Only)
        Free limits…. 10/hour, 240/day Application registration required

https://zippopotam.us
   Includes… City, State, State Abbreviation, Latitude, Longitude (US API plus APIs for 47 other countries but you have to know the country to use each API)
   Free limits….   Unlimited  No registration Open Database License

https://www.zip-codes.com/zip-code-api.asp
Includes… Canadian Street Address, City, State Abbreviation, FPIS, County, County FPIS, Area Code,Time Zone, Daylight Savings, Latitude, Longitude… +++  (US & Canada)
Free limits….  250/month

These are the 3 best that I found.

Zipcodeapi.com has everything I needed except Area Code with a very generous free limit.
Xippotam.us was missing much of what I needed, area code/time zone/DST, but you cannot beet 100% free.
Zip-codes is the cat’s meow. Everything I needed and then some. The best of the bunch.

I ended up putting them all in my database with zip-codes the default. The end users can pick amongst the three.

They are all very easy to setup. If anyone needs code samples, give me a holler. I tempted to try my hand at my first component.

John

John Baughman
Kailua, Hawaii
(808) 262-0328

Re: Zip Code API sites - Follow up

4D Tech mailing list
Out of curiosity, does anyone know of an equivalent service for postcodes in the UK?

Jeremy

Re: Zip Code API sites - Follow up

4D Tech mailing list
Jermy,

        Zipcodeapi.com has an API for Great Britain. Look at the list of countries near the bottom of the page. Example URLs are shown in th list. Here is a sample 4D call…

                        $url:="http://api.zippopotam.us/GB/“+vZip. //AB1 for example
                        HTTP Request(HTTP GET method;$url;$content;$oResponse)

John

> On Jun 3, 2019, at 8:59 AM, Jeremy Roussak via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Out of curiosity, does anyone know of an equivalent service for postcodes in the UK?
>
> Jeremy

Re: Zip Code API sites - Follow up

4D Tech mailing list
John, thanks very much; I shall investigate. One point: unless I’m missing something (not unusual) it’s not zipcodeapi.com <http://zipcodeapi.com/> (your first link) which has UK codes, but zippopotam.us <http://zippopotam.us/> (your second).

Jeremy

> On 3 Jun 2019, at 20:23, JOHN BAUGHMAN via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Jermy,
>
> Zipcodeapi.com has an API for Great Britain. Look at the list of countries near the bottom of the page. Example URLs are shown in th list. Here is a sample 4D call…
>
> $url:="http://api.zippopotam.us/GB/“+vZip. //AB1 for example
> HTTP Request(HTTP GET method;$url;$content;$oResponse)
>
> John
>
>> On Jun 3, 2019, at 8:59 AM, Jeremy Roussak via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Out of curiosity, does anyone know of an equivalent service for postcodes in the UK?
>>
>> Jeremy

Re: Zip Code API sites - Follow up

4D Tech mailing list
Ooops. Sorry. Copy and pasting is not always the best way to do things. Thanks for pointing that out.

John