automatically printing any "individual" pdf documents from 4D

automatically printing any "individual" pdf documents from 4D

4D Tech mailing list
Hi All,
I am looking for a way to give ONE print command and it needs to print via the pdf printer option on W10 or Mac 10.14 / 10.15,  n  SEPARATE pdf documents (and put then in a desinated folder), each document is destined to be send to an individual reciepients at a differrent time during a process.  The name of the document must ALSO contain the name of the recipient.

Printing 1 pdf document consisting of e.g. 5 pages is NOT what is meant.

Can 4D v13.6 / v15.6 do that natively or does this require a plugin (addition).

Interested in any suggestions.

thanks

ernie hilgers (aruba)
New Forum: https://discuss.4D.com

Re: automatically printing any "individual" pdf documents from 4D

4D Tech mailing list
Hi Ernie,

don't know if there's a way to do that natively, but have you checked out the plugin "hmfree" by Heubach Media?

https://www.hmplugins.com/en/hmFree/Features-134.html

It features the "PDF Split" function, which works fine for me. And, as the name implies, it's free ;-)

Regards from Germany,

Marcus

> Am 10.09.2020 um 05:39 schrieb ernest hilgers via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi All,
> I am looking for a way to give ONE print command and it needs to print via the pdf printer option on W10 or Mac 10.14 / 10.15,  n  SEPARATE pdf documents (and put then in a desinated folder), each document is destined to be send to an individual reciepients at a differrent time during a process.  The name of the document must ALSO contain the name of the recipient.
>
> Printing 1 pdf document consisting of e.g. 5 pages is NOT what is meant.
>
> Can 4D v13.6 / v15.6 do that natively or does this require a plugin (addition).
>
> Interested in any suggestions.
>
> thanks
>
> ernie hilgers (aruba)
> New Forum: https://discuss.4D.com
MacStrass - Marcus Straßmann
Softwareentwicklung und Beratung
Auf der Markscheide 35
D-44807 Bochum

Mobil: +49 (173) 374 39 92
eMail: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
Web: http://www.macstrass.de <http://www.macstrass.de/>

New Forum: https://discuss.4D.com

Re: automatically printing any "individual" pdf documents from 4D

Ernie,

> On Sep 9, 2020, at 10:39 PM, ernest hilgers via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am looking for a way to give ONE print command and it needs to print via the pdf printer option on W10 or Mac 10.14 / 10.15,  n  SEPARATE pdf documents (and put then in a desinated folder), each document is destined to be send to an individual reciepients at a differrent time during a process.  The name of the document must ALSO contain the name of the recipient.
>
> Printing 1 pdf document consisting of e.g. 5 pages is NOT what is meant.
>
> Can 4D v13.6 / v15.6 do that natively or does this require a plugin (addition).
>
> Interested in any suggestions.

I don’t know any way to do that with one command.

You can use SET PRINT OPTION with option 9 to set the printing to PDF and specify the file name to print to.
You can use SET PRINT OPTION with option 12 to set the report name.

You should be able to control what report you print to that document, either by selecting the appropriate records before a PRINT SELECTION or by controlling what you print with PRINT FORM.

That seems to give you the options you would need to make separate PDFs for individuals in separate folders.

Randy Kaempen
Intellex Corporation
New Forum: https://discuss.4D.com