"This component protected method cannot be edited." - but it's not a component method

"This component protected method cannot be edited." - but it's not a component method

4D Tech mailing list
Weird one. I've got a database and I want to make a batch modification of
an attribute. (I want to set everything invisible and then show the handful
of methods useful in user and the 4D editors.)

But I'm getting the error "This component protected method cannot be
edited." But I'm not specifically trying to edit a component method. Is it
impossible to use the batch edit mode if you've got a component installed
with unshared methods?

Re: "This component protected method cannot be edited." - but it's not a component method

4D Tech mailing list
David,

It’s not a very good error message as in my experience it has nothing to do with components.

Check the “Access” of the method. Also, I’ve found the batch edit option only works for the Designer log in.

Floyd Zink

QMed Corporation

Re: "This component protected method cannot be edited." - but it's not a component method

4D Tech mailing list
> Check the “Access” of the method. Also, I’ve found the batch edit option
only works for the Designer log in.

Ding! Thanks Floyd, I think that's it. I'm in with design access, but not
in as Designer. I guess that could be what's making the difference.

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 4:58 AM, Floyd Zink via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]