v13+ - Method editor, lists

4D Tech mailing list
Is there a way to permanently change what is displayed in the lists
(lower section of method editor) when it is open?

Re: v13+ - Method editor, lists

4D Tech mailing list

> Le 1 juin 2017 à 22:57, Chip Scheide via 4D_Tech <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Is there a way to permanently change what is displayed in the lists
> (lower section of method editor) when it is open?

In the current method, set it as you like then use menu Method/save as template
<http://doc.4d.com/4Dv16/4D/16.1/Method-editor.300-3373344.en.html>

I don't use lists since a while… what do you use them for?

I wish the bottom zone could display/edit these:
• method properties (execute on server, shared between component and host, etc.
• the very missing last modification date/user
• method comments (more natural than input through explorer IMHO)
• path of the current method in explorer home page
• resource folder items (drag'n drop to code)

<http://forums.4d.fr/Post/FR/15463226/1/15463227#15463227> (french)

Re: v13+ - Method editor, lists

4D Tech mailing list

Arnaud,
Thanks

I use the lists - very occasionally, for reference to Konstant values,
mostly for Field/variable type values.
i.e. Type(My_Pointer ->) = 12  // <- what the hell does 12 mean?

I think your ideas about additional use for the 'lists area' is a good
one -- I'd vote for it ;)