v16 R2 component compile problem

4D Tech mailing list
Hi all,

Attempting to update one of my components with a new method and getting an
inscrutable error when I added. The component compiled with no problem when
converted from 15 r5. The error is:

General error: "4D method and variable have the same name?"

Been through all the code and there's no such conflict

Entered the new code in 15 R5, and it compiles with no problems. Move the
code to 16 R2 without changes and get that error :-(

Unhelpfully, the compiler doesn't tell tell you the name of the conflicting
method/variable

The component uses one or two other component methods, which compiled
without problems.

Thoughts?

--
Bob Finnerty